SongVest is a leader in providing unique finance solutions for artists and songwriters, and introducing a new wave of investors to music royalties. SongVest is now expanding into groundbreaking options, including fractionalized ownership for fans and investors. Though we’re a small team, we’re committed to delivering excellence for all clients, and finding a solution that works for our buyers and sellers.
The VP, Label & Artist Partnerships oversees daily sales activity, meets with major clients and works to market and promote SongVest services. In this role, you are responsible for developing and executing sales strategies that drive revenue for the company, and monitoring and reporting on sales goals, adjusting tactics as needed to reach them. The VP, Label & Artist Partnerships will also work closely with other executives to drive strategic direction, sales campaigns and resource allocation for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect record labels, artist management or artists to identify and schedule meetings with decision makers related to Company offerings.
- Close new business opportunities through phone, online and personal meetings.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to develop systems and services that align with our clients’ needs
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
- Networks with prospective clients to persuade them to bring their business to the company.
- Sets specific quarterly or annual sales goals based on company goals, and works to ensure goals are met.
- Oversees the activity of junior sales associates, as applicable.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services
- Requests marketing and promotional materials as needed
- Maintain company CRM database with status of leads and deals
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knows the key contacts at major and independent record labels or artist management companies across the country
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Works well with a team.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical sales contracts
- Demonstrates solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office, Zoho CRM (or comparable), Slack, Google Drive
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 10+ years of experience in the music industry, preferably within partnerships or sales, and should be able to demonstrate a successful sales record.