Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business.
Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Our team is looking for a well-rounded Technology Support Engineer to establish our global support organization and begin transitioning parts of our support process in house from our outsourced managed service provider. We are cloud forward as Songtrust is a Saas, but still have two core applications in the datacenter (Windows server, MSSQL specifically). This role will report to Songtrust’s Technology Operations Manager (who is largely focused on software / product development) and will take responsibility for all of our internal support/IT needs.
What You Will be Doing:
- Oversee procurement of hardware, installation, and setup of new users.
- Establish support procedures, support technology issues globally, and triage high priority issues.
- Review, manage, and negotiate with existing and new hardware, software, and equipment vendors.
- Maintain documentation for the internal systems, services, and processes.
- Explore and install new technologies, systems, and services.
- Support our software engineering team with various tasks (e.g. Update/maintenance of Windows servers, manage backup/restore processes, security practices).
- Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
- Self starter with an organized mindset
- 3-5+ years of technology experience.
- Experience with procurement of Apple and Windows based desktops and servers.
- Experience in providing exceptional hands-on support with a variety of end-user devices/virtual devices, such as Apple desktops and laptops, video conferencing, printers, etc.
- Windows Server experience
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications: Google, MS Office, Adobe, Slack, Atlassian Suite, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Skilled in troubleshooting LAN and wireless networks; familiar with protocols such as TCP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, VPN and VoIP setup/troubleshooting
Bonus points for:
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and documentation tools like Confluence.
- Experience with asset management/tracking software such as JAMF or others(we are not using anything currently but would like to one day).
Why you want to work here:
- We have a fun and energetic loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events