Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business.
Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling nearly 100,000 songwriters and over 15,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Songtrust is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join us in solving one of the biggest problems facing songwriters in the new music business: getting paid.Our engineering team is looking for someone to help them build out complex rights ownership models from the ground up. You will also work with our technical partners like Spotify and YouTube to manage the collection and distribution of metadata in a scalable API.
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years working on production web applications
- Production Django and Python expertise
- Experience with relational databases, queries, management, and optimizations
- Understanding of application architecture, design patterns, methodologies and best practices
- Creating web-services/APIs (We use Tastypie extensively)
- ETL Experience
- DevOps (deployment automation, cloud management, etc..)
Why you want to work here:
- We have a fun and energetic loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- All the hardware you need
- Opportunity to attend relevant tech conferences (e.g. PyCon, DjangoCon)