Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
The Relationship Manager, Global Rights Societies is the member of staff responsible for managing Songtrust’s program of direct affiliations with Global rights societies.
This person will manage strategic and operational aspects of these relationships and plan for the continued expansion of Songtrust’s direction affiliations around the world.
The goal of the Relationship Manager is to help Songtrust achieve its objectives to be the most efficient and popular royalty collection company in the world.
New York City, London, Paris or Amsterdam
- Manage relationships with global rights societies with whom Songtrust has direct affiliation
- Lead expansion of direct affiliation relationships
- Lead a cross-functional working group of personnel working to progress Songtrust interests globally
- Research international registration status for potential deals; manage affiliation process for new societies partnerships
- Coordinate with general counsel on establishing prerequisites for affiliation
- Attend annual conferences (e.g. CISAC’s Society Publisher Forum) to meet with and know current and potential partners in various territories
- Partner with Songtrust’s Copyright and Income Tracking departments to ensure copyright registrations are executed efficiently and accurately
- Perform due diligence in affiliated territories to ensure collection is as efficient as possible and reflects the success of Songtrust catalog in that region
- Through our operations teams, support workflow with affiliated societies, including delivery of new deal notifications, catalog shipments and work disputes
- Correspond with direct society affiliates regarding tax and accounting issues, registration issues, missing income, live performances, cue sheets
- Assist royalty department with international society statement processing and change management
- Work with our global Songtrust offices on issues related to direct society affiliates
- Participate with publishing operations to identify and progress Songtrust interests in CISAC policy matters, technical forums and other industry venues
- Support registration of new society members on Songtrust.com
- 5+ years of working at a publisher with global operations, at a performing rights society / collective management organization, or other relevant experience
- 3+ years of working at or with global rights societies on strategic and operational issues
- Hands on knowledge of how music royalties are collected and distributed globally
- Appreciation for technology and the opportunity it presents to improve global royalty collection
- Proficiency in one or more languages a strong plus
This role requires international travel of at least 30% of the time
Why you want to work here
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefits program, life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching for US Employees
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership for NYC-based employeesPaid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values.
- We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.