Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business.
Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Winners– retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
As a Coordinator on the Publishing Operations team, you will be responsible for a range of activities related to music copyright administration, including onboarding new clients, managing their song catalogs, registering their works with rights societies around the world, and solving problems during that process. This position reports to the Manager of Operations.
- Onboard new clients and songwriters, registering their works in Songtrust’s proprietary technology platform, and sending them with various third parties around the world
- Contribute to and/or oversee the process of song registrations (creating and sending CWR files, processing ACK responses, managing expedites, conflicts and rejections)
- Support internal and external rights holders and partners (e.g. PROs, DSPs, etc.) to ensure that rights-related issues get resolved quickly
- Work with Royalties department to ensure client songwriters get paid efficiently
- Affiliate writers with available PROs (ASCAP, BMI) and monitor affiliation statuses
- Set up Agreements with international societies for publisher clients
- Resolve split disputes and registration errors
- Assist with international affiliations
- Contribute to and/or oversee the processing of client submissions (setlists / tv / film, etc.)
- Music publishing knowledge, gained in school or work experience
- Some familiarity with PROs (ASCAP, BMI, etc) and their operations
- Understanding of global music publishing royalty landscape
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefits program, life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching for US Employees
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership for NYC-based employees
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space