Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Winners– retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services.
Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing with a proven talent for developing innovative digital marketing strategies that drive high user engagement and revenue growth across multi-channel platforms and to lead a team of marketing managers while devising and executing product marketing and sales support disciplines, programs and tools that ensure sales rep productivity and pipeline acceleration.
Deep expertise is needed in acquisition and retention marketing, specifically paid digital marketing, CRM, push, email, and social media.
- Define user segments, increase engagement based on user behavior and relevance.
- Lead the owned channels marketing strategy for Songtrust
- Lead the offense for all paid digital campaigns, including conversion optimization, SEO, mobile campaigns, A/B testing, data analysis, and marketing analytics,
- Lead the strategy for digital media buying to optimize spend across key channels and audience targets, while maintaining a premium brand perception.
- Develop social media as a mainstay of Songtrust’s marketing strategy, refining tone and content approach across each social media channel for Songtrust
- Perform sentiment analysis, reporting/social analytics.
- Develop Songtrust positioning and messaging that differentiates Songtrust in the market. Plan and drive all go-to-market positioning.
- Work closely with product team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize and launch product modifications/ additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue and retention.
- Communicate the value proposition and develop the tools and collateral for the sales teams on both the inbound and outbound sides of our team (including demos, sales presentations & training, FAQs, one-sheets, and other product collateral as needed).
- Become an expert on our different client types, their goals and activities; undertake primary research in the market; become an expert on our landscape and how we differentiate in meaningful ways; collect, analyze and distribute customer and competitive intelligence.
- Grow Songtrust’s reputation as a thought leader with existing tactics including by-line articles, blogging, social media presence, speaking engagements, user groups, etc.
- Lead the marketing planning process (annual) with Global Head of Business Development – and on quarterly cycles with business leads, through team off-sites, OKR / guidance, and brainstorms.
- Five years digital marketing experience
- At least 3 years management experience, hiring, organizing, motivating and managing a team, setting clear goals and pulling together an optimally functioning integrated team.
- Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on breakout marketing ideas.
- Command of B2B marketing disciplines from marketing communications and demand generation to product marketing and customer marketing
- Strong understanding of technology, product development, and innovation
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Degree Marketing, Business Administration or relevant career experience
- Experience with CRM software (We use Hubspot)
- Familiarity with G-suite/MS Office
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefits program, life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching for US Employees
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership for NYC-based employees
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space