Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Winners– retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services.
Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
The Songtrust Growth team leads growth, acquisition and engagement initiatives for Songtrust. The team is data-driven and results focused. We are seeking a talented professional who thrives at the intersection of creativity and business development. In this role, the Director of Business Development will identify client targets, propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, secure new business and maintain deep relationships with industry stakeholders for long-term client development and success.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing business from your network and industry relationships and meeting goals. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with clients, from initial engagement until the deal is closed and continue from there to ensure successful launch and execution.
What will you do?
- Identifying client targets by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements and activating your network of industry relationships.
- Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screening potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Developing negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new opportunities with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Public speaking and leading presentation – panels, workshops, presentations, and keynotes
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role in the music industry
- Strong understanding of music publishing and global rights administration
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving objectives
- Understanding of business performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Degree Marketing, Business Administration or relevant career experience
- Experience with CRM software (We use Hubspot)
- Familiarity with G-suite/MS Office
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing office in Covent Gardens
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program
- Career growth opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.