Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Winners– retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
We are looking for a Client Success Associate ready to take the next leap in their career by building on and owning all stages in our customer journey after signup, including onboarding, adoption, product marketing, and support, as we grow the b2c and b2b sides of our business into maturity. We are looking for someone to be our clients (songwriters, bands, Music publishers,etc) biggest advocate and make them more successful while they utilize our platform.
This role will be instrumental in keeping our clients happy and making sure they are fully activating their accounts, making the most of our features, and are being educated on how to make more money in the music business. If you’re successful, you’ll have been responsible for empowering countless songwriters and helping to grow Songtrust’s Client Success department.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Songtrust’s roster of global songwriters and business partners
- Onboard new clients and songwriters, registering their works in Songtrust’s proprietary technology platform, and sending them out to various third parties around the world
- Support internal and external rights holders and partners (e.g. PROs, DSPs, etc.) to ensure that rights-related issues get resolved quickly
- Create educational material for clients including HelpCenter articles and demo videos
- Contribute to the processing of collecting client submissions (songs, setlists /AV Cues)
- Help solicit client feedback to improve service, user experience and software features
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Business Intelligence and Product teams in order to assure clients are aware of key updates/functionality
- Music industry knowledge, gained in school or through work experience
- Understanding of PROs (ASCAP, BMI, etc.) and global music publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience servicing clients via messaging apps, email and or phone
- Experience working with product/software engineering teams
- Familiarity with CRMs and the ability to manage sensitive information
- Proficiency with spreadsheets to calculate, track and organize data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish speaker preferred)
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefits program, life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching for US Employees
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership for NYC-based employees
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.