Songtrust is a global publishing administration service offering the most flexible and equitable publishing deal in the industry. We partner with songwriters, representatives, and businesses to build healthy songwriting careers. Songwriters build healthy careers when they take an active role in managing their business and owning their music. We empower them to do this by providing education, enabling them to register and collect their publishing royalties, and relentlessly searching for ways to simplify and unite the music industry around the world.
Songtrust administers more than 3 million copyrights on behalf of more than 350,000 clients around the world. Our collection network, more than 60 pay sources, covers 98% of the global music market, ensuring that our clients are able to collect everything their songs earn around the world, with artist-friendly agreement terms.
Songtrust is looking for a fluent English & Spanish speaking Business Development Manager based in Miami, FL with a focus on the LATAM music market. The individual should have a strong and diverse existing network which they’ll be able to leverage immediately. The primary responsibility will be identifying, connecting with, and converting high-value rightsholders (creators, labels, publishers, etc.) and their representatives into Songtrust clients. This role will also be responsible for representing Songtrust across various industry events within the community in order to establish the brand’s position and authority within the market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and identify high value Songtrust prospects based on predetermined ideal client profiles.
- Connect with and present Songtrust’s key value-propositions to leads in order to close deals across a wide range of client types.
- Meet/exceed quarterly sales targets on a regular basis.
- Assist high-value clients with initial onboarding (“Activation”) of their accounts to ensure our ability to collect on their behalf.
- Identify and assist with the creation/translation of localized sales and marketing material required to better assist you with your sales and networking goals for the various countries within your territory.
- Work closely with external consultants to ensure they’re knowledgeable with up-to-date company information to ensure the highest quality of inbound referrals aligned to our ideal client profile.
- Keep all prospect and client data/communications organized and logged within the company CRM (HubSpot).
- Establish the Songtrust brand and authority within your territory through in-person and virtual workshops, industry events, networking opportunities, panel discussions, etc.
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with leads, and clients within your territory/community.
- Position yourself as the go-to person for publishing knowledge and authority within your territory to foster inbound referrals.
- Stay up-to-date with industry news and events.
After 3 months you’ll have:
- A firm understanding of Songtrust’s ideal client profiles, internal sales processes, client onboarding process, and advanced music publishing information.
- Identify and connect with key leads across multiple client-types (creators, businesses, representatives) with the intent to close.
- Build relationships with referral partners within your territory to foster inbound leads.
- High level of empathy for clients of all sizes and backgrounds.
- Strong existing network within the LATAM music market that you’re able to leverage in order to identify and close deals.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with knowledge of music publishing.
- Hands-on experience prospecting, engaging, and closing leads.
- Extremely detailed oriented and punctual.
- Prior CRM experience is a plus (We use HubSpot).
- Familiarity with G-suite/MS Office.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work with leaders and employees across our business
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC Only)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown‘s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.