Ever go to a concert and film your favourite song to upload on Youtube or Facebook? Want to help your favourite artists and performers get paid for the videos you and other fans make? You’ll work with music industry and tech company veterans to help build technology that allows musicians earn more from their live performances, and videos containing their music.
Positions are based from our offices in Lisbon, Portugal (this is not a remote job). Applicants should have excellent written and spoken English and have a degree in an appropriate discipline.
We work with record labels, music publishers, artist managers, and others to help them find uses of their music in public platforms such as Youtube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitch and more.
Music is ubiquitous to our daily lives. As is the presence of camera phones. We film ourselves attending concerts, dancing to songs on the radio, or imitating our favourite songs. Oftentimes, users upload these videos which contain music owned by artists but it is not discovered by existing automated systems. This means that the artists are not getting paid from the ads running next to their music, as they should be.
Song Sleuth’s platform helps these content creators by discovering these videos for them. Our proprietary platform leverages music theory, music business/rights expertise, and cutting edge machine learning powered by significant data science work. All of these things are necessary to find content, understand the music within it, and claim it on behalf of the rights holders.
For example, when you go to Lollapalooza or another concert and film your favourite artist, and then upload it to Youtube or Facebook, many people might watch your video. Then, Youtube can run numerous ads on it, but the artists often will not see a dime. We put this money back in the pockets of artists, labels, writers and publishers, where it belongs.
We’re looking for critical thinkers with an appreciation for music across genres, and a can-do attitude, you will be a great fit.
Ideally, you have:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate to internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Drive to solve complex problems with positive energy and attitude
- An authentic interest in improving business and technological efficiency
- The ability to focus on building for the long term while hitting aggressive business goals/deadlines
- A passion for music
- Attention to detail
- Great Team Player
- Good knowledge of Google Documents, Slack, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Microsoft Excel.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work within Song Sleuth’s architecture to validate assets that are produced by our system for subsequent claiming across YouTube and other online platforms
- Listen to (and validate claims against) a lot of music across genres, with a focus on live music recordings
- Give feedback to the Product and Development teams on potential workflow improvements
- Interact with clients, such as record labels, in Europe, the US, Africa, India, and South America.
- Learn from others, self-teach, and teach others
Please note; a short covering letter or note is essential to your application. Please answer the two questions below on the basis on which they are asked, we are looking for people who can think critically.
This role will earn a net salary of 1050 euros per month, + meal allowance (4.77 euros per day), Private Medical Insurance provided by Medicare plus other benefits (such as cooked lunch once a week, organic fruit, coffee, soft drinks and much more).
We offer a performance related bonus in a competitive manner based the highest quality asset reviews, on a monthly basis.