Who we are
Songkick is the world’s largest artist-ticketing platform and leading concert discovery service. We help artists sell more tickets on their own site, on Songkick and across a wide range of partners, including Spotify, YouTube and BBC Music. More than 10 million fans use us each month across web and mobile. We are the biggest independent concert site in the world. We have sold millions of tickets direct to fans and sell more than 10,000 events each year. Artists who use our ticketing service include Adele, Kenny Chesney, Ellie Goulding, John Legend, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Mumford & Sons, and The xx.
Our team combines deep consumer product and technical expertise with a complete view of what matters to modern artists. We are veterans of Apple, Skype, Google, and Amazon working alongside a former member of Beyonce’s management team, a producer for the Wu-Tang Clan, various working musicians, and the person who literally wrote the book on the ticketing industry.
Our supercharged company works to bring together more than 500 of the world’s biggest artists with 10 million fans. We recently announced a $16.6M Series C investment led by three of the most highly regarded venture capital firms in the world: Access Industries, Index Ventures and Sequoia. Songkick was one of the 2007 batch of Y Combinator companies.
Our global team is spread across offices strategically located in London, New York, Los Angeles and Nashville.
What we’re looking for
The Business Development member will be responsible for leading the charge in researching, generating, and contacting potential clients that would benefit from Songkick’s innovative ticketing technology and services.
This team member has the ability to create and maintain important relationships within the industry and the knowledge, passion and insight to portray our value to major artist clients.
The Business Development member will also be responsible for converting prospective clients to incoming clients, and will work in tandem with the Artist Services team to turn those client relationships into successful, impactful ticketing and touring campaigns for both Songkick and the artists involved. You will keep abreast of trends in the live music and ticketing spaces and continually revise your approach to prospective clients based on the current landscape.
You will likely already be very closely connected with the artist community in the UK, and be passionate about what the value of ticketing, technology and Songkick means to those artists. You will be excited about the prospect of working with large artists to change the industry, and invigorated by the revenue target of that level of campaign.
Within the Business Development position, the successful candidate will be the first interaction between Songkick and a prospective client and will be responsible for effectively and pro-actively conveying the passion, commitment and invention of the entire company. Equally, you will be one of the main points of contact between Songkick and the artist community in the UK, and as such will be vital in helping us innovate our company and products to best serve those artists.
- Ensure UK sales targets are met, with an eye towards stretching targets and maximizing revenue
- Work with internal teams to generate impactful, high-profile campaigns, and collaborate with artists to drive those campaigns through to execution
- Cultivate an in-depth understanding of the market and anticipate new trends
- Foster relationships with prospective clients and build contact lists
- Track and report daily calls, emails, outgoing proposals, and sales activity in SalesForce
- Convert qualified leads to incoming clients
- Efficiently handover incoming clients to the Artist Services team
- Stay abreast of competitors, market conditions and Songkick product development to continually revise your pitch
- Document useful insights from prospective client meetings that could drive Songkick’s development roadmap
- 8 years experience in a related field
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from a 4-year college or university
- A great understanding and network of the UK artist community
- Familiarity with eCommerce or online concert ticketing
- Comfortable and confident in communication with industry leaders
- Experience with presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
- Outstanding speaker with a well developed approach to client relationships
- Strong work-ethic and sense of ownership
- Energetic, passionate people person who can convey a sense of excitement about Songkick’s products
- Well-organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strategic relationship builder
- Flexible, collaborative, team player
A big plus if you have
- Previous experience working closely with artists or live music
- Previous experience in ticketing or technology services
- Background in eCommerce
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Monthly concert ticket allowance (living the dream right here!) and an awesome team mean you’ll never have to go to a show alone
- Stocked kitchen and daily snacks
- Monthly team movie nights
- Employee stock options mean you’ll own a piece
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible working arrangements
- Life insurance and income replacement scheme
- Company sponsored social events
Songkick is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees.