Songistry’s Senior Manager, Sync plays a critical role in the company’s success.
Our Senior Manager, Sync must be a highly motivated self-starter who effectively manages all aspects of our music licensing within the MDIIO and hyprAUDIO platforms. The ideal candidate makes contact and meets with film and TV music representatives, advertising firms, gaming production companies for purposes of recommending hyprAUDIO and securing licensing and marketing opportunities to be used on their respective projects.
This position requires the ability to make technology easily understandable for end users and to showcase the potential power and value of our platforms with very customer centric and comprehensive communication skills.
About you (Your mindset / what you’re looking for)
- You’re a generalist — able to apply your knowledge broadly and into unfamiliar territory
- You’re a self-starter — can work on projects with ambiguous context
- You thrive in an ever-changing and fast-moving start-up environment
- You’re excited to tackle hard and novel strategic problems
- You can build and empower a team to succeed
- You’re a world-class communicator with a high level of empathy
This position will be remote based.
About the role (What you’ll do)
As an early member of a growing sync team, you will be working alongside our CEO and VP in the securing and management of sync licensing opportunities that are promoted within our suite of services. You will bring your extensive knowledge and contact base to the role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Seeks out, makes contact and meets with Film & TV studios, advertising agencies and gaming production firms and the music supervision community for purposes of recommending music, marketing and securing synchronization licensing placements for MDIIO members.
- Will communicate with MDIIO artists to update them on film and TV projects and assists in pitching them into a specific film and/or TV property or other campaigns.
- Researches weekly film, TV production schedules, contacts and meets the producers, directors, agents, managers and agencies in order to offer recordings from MDIIO roster appropriate for their productions.
- Coordinates with various Songistry departments (marketing, sales, CX, etc) to gather artist and marketing campaign information and attends general marketing and related artist-specific planning meetings
- Represent Songistry at showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events.
- Work with our marketing team to send out e-mail blasts and other forms of MDIIO and hyprAUDIO promotion in coordination with department coordinator/assistant.
- Organize artist showcases for MDIIO artists at film and tv studios and 3rd party venues.
- Work with A&R to get advance music and assets (instrumentals, splits, etc)
- Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of responsible experience creating, developing and maintaining significant relationships in the Film & TV Music community specifically within music publishing, record label, film or TV production company or music supervisor.
- A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with customers; demonstrates a high level of creativity in their music recommendations, projects etc.
- Providing personalized service to clients including but not limited to music searches, MDIIO and hyprAUDIO demos
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of general business practices
- Possess a strong work ethic, strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
- Produce quality work and be accountable
- Manage time
- Ability to work well in team
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
- Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes
- Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of task
- Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically, and analytically
- Consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- An interest in and understanding of ML / AI impacts in the music industry
- An interest in and understanding of digital transformation
Songistry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable provincial, federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Please send resume with salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time