We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in hundreds of cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organizers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
This role is only open to candidates in the Eastern US Region, and is fully remote.
About the role
As the Regional Director, you will oversee markets and concert operations in the East region. Working closely with a regional team, you’ll support in management and direction, regional & local innovation, and ensuring each team hits specific KPIs.
What you’ll do
- Manage Concert Operations goals & milestones, rollout and execution of projects within your regional markets, including priorities, deadlines, and performance management of individual team members.
- Manage budget and P&L for your region
- Day-to-day management and development of a team
- Help define Concert strategy and operational processes
- Be an expert on all areas of the department – present recommendations for improvements on ways of working
- Understand the community needs across your region & ops functions and how to support them
- Assist with the hiring of new team members
- Engage in quality control for all events, including artist, host, and crew quality
Who you are
- You can work autonomously, but remain connected
- You have people management experience
- You have a sincere and empathetic approach to work and communications
- You are organized, detail oriented & work well with deadlines & problem solving under pressure
- Able to wear many hats and take on varied tasks and projects
- Possess a strong interest in music
- Ideally, you have previous experience with Sofar
- You are able to work flexible working hours
- Previous experience in producing live music events or events in general
- Past experience with customer service or hospitality is a plus
- Eligible for employment in the US / UK
- Our employees and our global communities of artists, hosts, independent concert organizers and crew make Sofar a genuinely special place to be! Their authenticity, knowledge and talents as individuals are the heartbeat of Sofar Sounds.
- We live by community, inclusivity and creativity – values that you can see, feel and hear day to day.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace – DEI is important to us and our culture. We want to create an inclusive and happy environment where employees, artists and our community feel supported and encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Compensation, pay equity & benefits
Our people and global communities are precious – we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
Learning & Development (L&D)
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, personal L&D budget and our L&D platform, Sunlight.
We promise not to put you through a long, horrible and rigorous process and don’t worry about writing that cover letter. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another.
If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent Acquisition Partner and a diverse interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout the process – we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you – come on in.