Sales/A&R Executive – Freelance, Remote (SE Asia, in particular Thailand or Indonesia)
Who we are: Snafu is a music company that uses technology to find and invest in artists and help their music reach its full potential
This is a target and commission based role for a highly motivated sales professional who is passionate about the music industry. Our sales/A&R executives are the bridge between Snafu and artists. They are responsible for signing artists to Snafu and generating advance funding deals.
Sales/A&R Executives will be provided lists leads with emails with artists recommended by our data-analytics team. They will then send emails to these lists and manage them through our CRM to book calls to qualify, and sign artists to our song management department.
- Send between 50-200 new lead emails a week through Hubspot
- Manage responses and sales process from first email to contract signed
- Complete first pitch video calls to asses artist needs
- Qualify artists for funding and/or distribution and calculate funding amounts
- Follow up with cold and warm leads consistently
- Provide feedback on artist needs to improve our offerings
A Sales/A&R Execive’s role is to generate qualified artists for both funding and also help onboard them. We expect Sales/A&R Executives to do this in 2 ways: through ambitious sales drive and follow up and an understanding of the music industry and artist needs.
This position will report directly to the Head of Song Fund
- Deploy advances to qualified artists
- Provide feedback on artist needs to refine offering to continue providing value to artists
- 3+ years experience within commission based sales
- Highly organized and detail oriented with experience in excel and word
- Strong understanding of how the music industry works
- Professional, loyal, focused and a great communicator
- Passionate about helping artists to succeed
Is Snafu right for you?
- Prior music industry experience – literacy in music marketing is important
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail – we are a small team, and your work will have a high impact on our artists’ success. Quality and accuracy are important, especially in our fast-paced environment
- You prefer to forge ahead, rather than wait for orders. Snafu is a dynamic, fast growing team and your role will require autonomy and self-structure
- You’re eager to learn about the business side of the music industry, and ways to make it a more fair, transparent, and financially sustaining home for artists