Who We Are
Snafu is a technology-supercharged music company. This role is within the Snafu Song Management division, which . Our proprietary algorithms analyze millions of data points from over 150,000 songs per week, identifying the artists whose music is undervalued and needs elevating. We sign artists from all geographies and genres, and use our technology and industry expertise to grow their fan bases and maximize the reach of their releases.
Detailed Job description/responsibilities:
This is a target and commission based role for a highly motivated sales professional who is passionate about the music industry. Our sales/A&R executives are the bridge between Snafu Song Management and artists. They are responsible for signing artists to Snafu Song Management and generating advance/funding deals and distribution deals.
Sales/A&R Executives will be provided lists leads with emails with artists recommended by our data-analytics team. They will then send emails to these lists and manage them through our CRM to book calls to qualify, and sign artists to our song management department.
- Send between 50-100 new lead emails a week through Hubspot
- Manage responses and sales process from first email to contract signed
- Complete first pitch video calls to asses artist needs
- Qualify artists for funding and/or distribution and calculate funding amounts
- Follow up with cold and warm leads consistently
- Provide feedback on artist needs to improve our offerings
An Sales/A&R Executive’s role is to generate qualified artists for both funding and distribution.
We expect Sales/A&R Executives to do this in 2 ways: through ambitious sales drive and follow up and an understanding of the music industry and artist needs.
This position will report directly to the Head of Song Management
- Deploy advances to qualified artists
- Sign artists for distribution
- Provide feedback on artist needs to refine offering to continue
- providing value to artists
- 3+ years experience within commission based sales
- Highly organized and detail oriented with experience in excel and word
- Strong understanding of how the music industry works
- Professional, loyal, focused and a great communicator
- Passionate about helping artists to succeed
Is Snafu right for you?
- Prior music industry experience – literacy in music marketing is important
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail – we are a small team, and your work will have a high impact on our artists’ success. Quality and accuracy are important, especially in our fast-paced environment
- You prefer to forge ahead, rather than wait for orders. Snafu is a dynamic, fast growing team and your role will require autonomy and self-structure
- You’re eager to learn about the business side of the music industry, and ways to make it a more fair, transparent, and financially sustaining home for artists
Freelance Self-employed Estimated $21,000-$85,000 – Commission Based Role