Are you an experienced music industry professional, with expert knowledge of the music ecosystem and all of its structures? Do you have online teaching experience? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We present an opportunity to join SMB: The School of Music Business, a critically acclaimed, global, online training institute.
We require an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to teach our Music Business Fundamentals curriculum remotely (online), commencing mid-July 2021. The ideal applicant will have a relevant degree and/or extensive professional experience within the music industry, along with online music business teaching experience. Extensive and in-depth knowledge and first-hand experience across the music business ecosystem is vital; therefore, the role is best suited to current music business educators with a background in the music business, or current artist managers or music business experts with relevant teaching experience.
In this role you will be required to:
- Enable progression through a structured music business course programme designed to meet the needs and interests of our international learners.
- Help raise expectations and aspirations of our learners, to enthuse, motivate and inspire the music business professionals of tomorrow.
- Continually develop your practice and skills, to engage in new initiatives and, to share best practice with colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- A deep understanding of the music business ecosystem, including management, record label business, publishing, sync, licensing, live and music marketing
- Familiar with current music business strategies, revenues, structures and practices whilst being cognisant of the changing market
- An ability to use case studies from your own professional career and to engage through group activities and interactive learning methods online
- At least 1 years’ experience in music business teaching, preferably online
- Proven ability to plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Ability to handle class sizes of 25 students and adopt a variety of strategies to suit the different learning styles and levels of each student
Terms: 3 month contract; 30 hours teaching per week + marking
Salary: Industry leading hourly rate
The working hours: 10.30am to 5pm UK time, 5 days a week (Sunday to Thursday)
What we require for the application: CV and cover letter sent to [email protected]
Who we are: The School of Music Business (SMB) is a forward thinking and dynamic online school, training a broad range of adult learners in music management, publishing, record label business, marketing and more. Our courses address the latest needs of the industry and are delivered by current music business professionals. We pride ourselves on our unique offering of passionate, engaging and honest education, and we take the responsibility of supporting our students incredibly seriously.