Day-to-day manager working as the sole point for a major label pop artist.
The position, based in Santa Monica, requires astute attention to detail, a high level of organization, a big picture understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the music and entertainment industries, and a creative approach to problem solving.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing and distributing artist calendar.
- Creating and executing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Working directly with the label, PR team, radio team, lawyers, business managers, publisher, creative directors, stylists, band & crew, and agents.
- Responsible for merch inventory for touring artists
Working with creative teams & managers to develop assets for artists (photo shoots, videos, artwork.)
- Assist with tour and album campaign coordination.
- Developing, strategizing, proof-reading and managing content for all clients’ online properties.
- Managing email communication and developing client databases and social reach.
- Following emerging technologies, promotional outlets, media partners and music trends – bringing opportunities to the table is key.
- 2+ years working in a full time position utilizing the skills referenced above.
- Experience working in artist management and/or general music/entertainment business experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with work social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Musicaly, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A track record of supporting multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines.
- Personal initiative, and a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceive and execute innovative ideas.
- Proficient Mac skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and basic presentation software as well as Google Tools (Docs, Calendar, Analytics) and social media networks. Bonus points for graphic design, web design, and video editing.
- Knowledge of and experience in music management.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a variety of tasks successfully.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Experience with phones and must have a ”can-do” attitude and thick skin.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.