Job Title: PR and Social Media Assistant
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Marketing, PR Manager and Social Media Manager
Assist our PR and Online Marketing teams to maximise media exposure of events promoted by SJM Concerts. Assist with generating publicity for new tours; assist with day to day management of various social media channels and promote gigs through competitions, interviews and editorial. To write concise media messages, blogs, press releases, social media copy. To maintain professional relationships with key contacts within the media.
To be highly efficient, organised and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment – and a passion for the music industry is a must have.
To market all events promoted by SJM Concerts in conjunction with the promoters and directors in a cost effective, efficient manner to the excellent first class standards upon which SJM Concerts has built its reputation.
- Knowledge and understanding of press, PR, social media and music
- Find, source and develop relationships with media including websites, blogs and source materials and features for relevant media. Also to update all media contacts on a regular basis
- Preparation of organisational documents such as press reports and interview schedules
- Liaising with the media and assist in organising publicity campaigns both within the press, radio, tv and online forms, plus sourcing competitions
- Assist in the organisation of special promotional events and media days
- Respond to enquiries from the media, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases
- To explore new areas of PR and social media, plus update contacts
- To effectively write press releases, social media messages and blogs that cater to each individual artist
- Put together competition copy and notify winners
- Run competitions from our social media channels and notify winners
- Creating and assisting with social media ads on artist pages and our own accounts
- Working on multiple social media accounts scheduling posts, writing content and replying to people
- Assisting with and writing content for the weekly mailer
- Working on-site at festivals and events
- To carry out any other duties that from time to time may be reasonably requested by the Company Directors
- Not to misrepresent SJM Concerts in any way nor to falsely represent SJM Concerts through abuse of position, title or any benefits that may accrue as a member of staff. Any matters to which you are uncertain as to whether you have authority to act should be cleared with your supervisor
- A qualification and/or background in PR & Social Media and a full understanding of both subjects
- Enthusiasm for the role and a willingness to assist and work as part of a strong team
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent creative writing skills language skills and an ability to write concisely especially for social media
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Interested in music and the music industry
- Able to work under pressure
- A good aptitude for working with computers and apps
- Ability and willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Company
Closing date: Friday 19th February 2016
Please send all applications, including your current CV and a covering letter, via email to [email protected].