Single Music is the first, and only, dedicated music distribution app for Shopify – the world’s leading direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform.
We are used by over a thousand of the largest names in the industry (Foo Fighters, LAUV, Lana Del Rey). We create solutions for major merchandisers (Live Nation, Wallflower, Absolute Merch) and independent musicians alike. Currently growing at a rapid pace, Single aims to change the music industry’s understanding of the direct-to-consumer market and help artists of all sizes grow their careers.
Single is looking for a Director of Marketing to join our team. You will be the primary voice for Single in both organic and paid marketing, our email campaigns, and social media.
We’re looking for an experienced marketer who has a good understanding of all facets of the music industry, primarily B2B messaging, D2C merchandising, record labels, and management companies, and how all of those funnel to utilization of our products.
You will work closely with Executive, Artist Relations and Artist Services teams to create and optimize our marketing strategies. We believe in constructive cooperation, interaction, and continuous improvement.
At Single, we believe in a healthy work/life balance. This position can be primarily remote, but may require in-person meeting attendance (this is not currently applicable as we are currently all remote). Hours and vacation are flexible, and encouraged. Health benefits and various perks included at no cost to employees.
- 3+ years of professional marketing experience
- Working, informed knowledge of the music industry landscape
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and transparent work environment
Advanced knowledge of:
- SEO / SEM
- Facebook/Instagram targeting, lookalikes, pixel tracking
- Google Adwords
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Analytics/Posting etiquette
- Proficiency in G-Suite
- Reads all documentation carefully, please use the subject line ‘Director of Marketing Application’ and email your resume and LinkedIn URL (if applicable) to email@example.com.
- We don’t believe in cover letters, but feel free to include why you feel you would be a good fit for this team within your email.
- Basic graphic design skills (Photoshop primarily / editing layered art)
- Basic knowledge of web design best practices
- Basic knowledge of Shopify’s platform / eCommerce tools
Accepting applications from candidates only!
Recruiters and agencies: please do not contact us about this position.