Single Music is the first, and only, dedicated music distribution app for Shopify – the world’s leading direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform. Used by thousands of the largest names in the industry (Harry Styles, Travis Scott, Halsey) – we create solutions for major merchandisers (Live Nation, Top Drawer Merch, Futureshirts) and independent musicians alike.
Currently growing at a rapid pace, Single aims to change the music industry’s understanding of the direct-to-consumer market and help artists of all sizes grow their careers.
Single is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our small team. You will be the primary voice for Single in both organic and paid marketing, our email campaigns, and social media.
We’re looking for an experienced marketer who has a good understanding of all facets of the music industry, primarily D2C merchandising, record labels, and management companies, and how all of those funnel to utilization of our products.
You will work closely with our Artist Relations and Artist Services teams to create and optimize our advertising strategy and social media presence. We believe in constructive cooperation, interaction, and continuous improvement.
At Single, we believe in a healthy work/life balance. This position can be primarily remote but may require in person meeting attendance (this is not currently applicable as we are currently all remote). We have a small office at Fort Houston in the Wedgewood Houston neighborhood. Hours and vacation are flexible, and encouraged. Paid healthcare included.
- 2+ years of professional digital marketing experience
- Working, informed knowledge of the music industry landscape
Advanced knowledge of:
- SEO / SEM
- Facebook/Instagram targeteting, lookalikes, retargeting, pixel tracking
- Google Adwords
- Email Marketing (SendGrid)
- Social Media Analytics/Posting etiquette
- Proficiency in G-Suite
- Reads all documentation carefully, please use the subject line ‘Digital Marketing Specialist Application’ and email your resume and LinkedIn URL (if applicable) to email@example.com.
- We don’t believe in cover letters, but feel free to include why you feel you would be a good fit for this team within your email.
- Basic graphic design skills (Photoshop primarily / editing layered art)
- Basic knowledge of Squarespace / web design
- Basic knowledge of Shopify’s platform / eCommerce tools