Seven Seas Music is a respected, independent international music catalog of over 20,000 tracks representing labels and artists from around the world. We are seeking a bright person to monetize our catalog via synchronization licensing in markets outside film and TV. Our content is not production music quality but real music by real recording artists. Company promotes cultural authenticity in audio-visual media and its goal is to bring competitive prices to a less visible but coveted category of licensable music.
The applicant is expected to contribute to the growth and expansion of the company, maximize its revenue, and work to build new relationships with customers in the synchronization space. This is a full-time position.
- A self-starter with a minimum 3 years in music placement in the US
- Proven track record of sales and the ability to hit sales targets
- Experience and a history of negotiating and securing blanket licenses
- Experience pitching, quoting, negotiating, and securing needle drop licenses
- Must have a strong client base, a great reputation, and relationships with music supervisors, advertising agencies, trailer companies, as well as related brands and tech companies.
- Ability to create pitch reports and updates on various markets
- Familiar with search engines such as DISCO, SourceAudio, etc., and can create playlists based on creative briefs
- Has a comprehensive understanding of musical copyrights and music publishing
- Experience with a CRM
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively pitch music from catalog.
- Actively promote & market the catalog.
- Actively seek out new business, new clients and new opportunities.
- Communicating and reaching out to clients on a daily basis.
- Prioritizing and accurately responding to client requests and briefs.
- Meeting concrete sales goals, and working with an established team.
- High level of industry knowledge and understanding with regards to rights clearance.
- Enjoys networking and strives to build new relationships.