JOB TITLE: HEAD OF A&R
LOCATION: LONDON, UK
TYPE: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
September is an artist management, record label and publishing company with offices in London and Los Angeles. It represents a roster of internationally renowned recording artists, producers and mix engineers who have collectively amassed 44 Grammys, 12 Brit Awards, 2 Oscars, 2 Golden Globes and sold over 100 million albums worldwide.
Their recently launched record label, September Recordings is looking for a Head of A&R. The ideal candidate will:
- Be deeply passionate and knowledgeable about music and youth culture
- Have a solid previous proven track record of finding and successfully developing emerging talent
- Be well connected with producers and mixers across a diverse range of genres
- Have excellent people management skills
- Be aligned with the September ethos and brand
- Previous experience of working in A&R at a record label or distributor is essential
Duties will include
- Finding new artists who are innovators in their fields and doing so in new and interesting ways, not just following the crowd
- Attending gigs and live events
- Managing junior members of the A&R team
- A&Ring artist projects in a studio environment and otherwise
- Working with the label manager to devise innovative strategies to break new talent
- Holding weekly A&R meetings and communicating artists which the label wants to sign to the CEO
How to Apply
In 600 words or less (in total) please submit answers to the below questions in a Word or PDF document:
- What three unsigned artists are you excited about this year and why?
- What scene/genre/trend should we be aware of this year and why?
- How do you break an artist in 2023?
Please also attach a copy of your CV as a separate Word or PDF document.
Please email answers along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 28th April 2023 with “Head of A&R, September Recordings” in the subject line. Due to volume of applications unfortunately we won’t be able to respond to every application.
Please note this is a UK based role.
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
September is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality and believes in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.