JOB TITLE: JUNIOR CONTENT & AUDIENCE MANAGER
TYPE: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
SALARY: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
September are looking for a creative, innovative, organised and driven Junior Content & Audience Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will work across a broad range of artists and genres creating short form content and managing socials to engage and grow audiences.
September is a full service artist management, record label and publishing company with offices in London and Los Angeles. It represents a roster of internationally renowned recording artists, producers and mix engineers, achieving commercial success alongside critical acclaim.
We are looking for a Junior Content & Audience Manager to work across our roster of both developing and established artists. The ideal candidate will be a natural creative with excellent organisational skills and a talent for creating buzz online. With a focus on social media, you will have a keen eye for content that stands out and be able to deliver one of a kind digital campaigns.
With a handle on short form content and knack for design, you’ll be going out and shooting simple content with artists as well as designing graphics and other social assets from scratch, combining these skills to create an aesthetically distinctive online presence for our artists.
You will be able to balance the importance of making a cultural impact while staying on top of the latest trends in short form media in order to drive growth. This will be a hands-on role, so getting to grips with an artist’s tone of voice and speaking the language of the communities they exist within is key.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, who will help develop your key skill sets, provide support and work with you on a personal growth plan.
The role will include
- Creating, executing and reporting on social media plans for artists across the September roster.
- Posting on social media on behalf of artists.
- Design focus – e.g. Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Pro, with a hunger to develop creatively.
- Shooting and editing short-form content pieces – using iPhone, VHS & film, polaroid, etc.
- Regular contact with artists via iMessage groups / WhatsApp.
- Coaching artists in using platforms where required.
- Exciting digital initiatives – innovative ideas to build a buzz around a release.
- Regular statistics reports and analysis on digital growth (Spotify for Artists, Chartmetric, etc).
- CRM management – driving mailing list sign ups, creating and sending newsletters.
- Some creator / influencer strategy – idea generation, outreach and execution of campaigns.
- Some community management – from Discord & Reddit to Roblox & Fortnite.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Some previous experience in digital, social media or creative design and content based roles.
- Interest and experience working with artists across multiple genres.
- A keen creative eye and basic Photoshop / Premiere Pro skills.
- Ability to use TikTok effectively in digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to balance and organise a busy workload.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Experience in community management in the creative industries (desirable).
- Experience with catalogue marketing campaigns (desirable).
How to Apply
Please send a brief design portfolio or link to a reel (<60 seconds) with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 13th March 2023, with “Junior Content & Audience Manager – September” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
BIY are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.