Sentric Music are looking for a Synchronisation Executive to join our Music Services team.
Based in the creative area of the Baltic Triangle in Liverpool or our London office in Soho, the Synchronisation Executive will be part of our growing Sync Team consisting of 15 creatives in the UK & US.
The role will have direct involvement in all areas of the sync process with a focus on the TV broadcast sector, liaising with our client base and catalogue stakeholders/writers/artists and providing crucial support in pitching.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 50+ employees based in our offices in the UK, Hamburg, New York, LA and Spain. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Sentric’s sync operations has consistently grown year on year since the company’s formation, licensing songs by artists and songwriters ranging from those creating their first ever song to platinum-certified, award winning composers.
For five years running, Sentric’s Sync Team have been nominated as ‘Best Independent Publisher’ at the Music Week Sync Awards and 2019 is set to be an exciting year thanks to a notable US expansion.
- Client Management
- Maintain and develop Sentric’s close relationships with various UK TV broadcasters and production companies; delivering a seamless service and maintaining a regular dialogue on catalogue requirements.
- Act as point of contact for incoming calls and emails from broadcasters & TV clients, addressing queries timely involving Sentric’s wider teams where necessary.
- Communicate closely with Sentric’s artists, enhance their chances of securing a placement, and gather assets to ensure their catalogue is ‘pitch ready’.
- Notify artists of successful placements of their music.
- Pitch Sentric’s copyrights to clients on a daily basis and with the highest level of quality and detail. Successfully identify the relevant copyrights which matches key criteria (on brief, in budget, territory restrictions etc.) and present them to clients accordingly.
- Ensure a speedy handling of all license requests coming from UK broadcast & TV clients.
- Prepare licensing templates and arrange for signature by rightsholder parties.
- Liaise with SMS Heads on fee negotiation and provide reports on successfully executed licenses.
- Catalogue Management & Analysis
- Listen daily to Sentric Music’s and partners’ copyrights and identify songs based on commercial viability for a wide range of typical briefs.
- Liaise with:
- Rights Management team to rectify copyright issues related to songs considered for pitching/licensing.
- Sync Assistant to ensure they upload recording assets to SongSpace
- Deliver regular and tailored playlists of Sentric’s catalogue to ILikeMusic and SoundMouse
- Regularly update third party sync clients with catalogue in order to maximise potential partner revenue
- Contribute to the updating and maintaining of Sentric’s online sync platform
- Collate copyright information and assets in advance of mailouts specifically to broadcast clients in liaison with GHMS.
- Minimum 12 months experience of working within synchronisation and licensing
- A knowledge and understanding of the varying copyrights within the music industry and how they relate to synchronisation and licensing
- Experience of working to set deadlines
- Computer literate, comfortable with various music files, metadata and song pitching platforms (SongSpace, Disco etc)
- Strong knowledge of commercial viability within the world of sync, what makes a song ‘syncable’ and how to deliver a professional pitch to clients within various areas of the industry (adverts, films, games etc.)
- Enthusiastic about working with a fast paced, forward-thinking company in the music industry
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan and manage your own workload
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive professional relationships
- Trustworthy and accountable approach to client management
- Ability to maintain a calm and methodical approach whilst working under pressure
- A passionate music fan, who will happily attend concerts/gigs and be comfortable with working outside of standard office hours
- Enjoy business travelling. Flexible to spend time away from the office, including regular visits to London/Liverpool
- Inspiring and creative office premises with a music profile
- Office pool table, break-out areas and company socials
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme including discounts on shops, restaurants, entertainment, gym, hotels and travel
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line “Synchronisation Executive”
Application deadline: 9.00 AM Thursday 18 April 2019 but interviews may commence sooner