Senior Insights Analyst
Recently acquired by Believe, Sentric Music is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets. Sentric Music Group is a rapidly expanding music publishing company with 80+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Palma, New York and LA.
The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners. Our industry-challenging platform is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing.
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,700 talented people in more than 50 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe’s mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development, in all local markets around the world, with respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
Reporting to: Head of Insights
The Insights Team lead on the continuous development and innovation of data resources and analytical capabilities, as well as establishing a working knowledge base for the wider business to ensure a single point of access to key information at every level of operation.
Reporting into the Head of Insights, the Senior Insights Analyst will work within the Insights team to provide the business with data and insights on clients, suppliers and internal activity to shape services and strategy and support continuous improvement across the business.
This role is critical to the delivery and development of our research and insights internally, and externally, and in supporting our commercial offering, competitive positioning, and business strategy.
- Responsible for managing and tracking ad hoc data and analytics requests into the Insights Team; ensuring stakeholders at all levels are kept informed on the progress and any risks and issues clearly communicated.
- Act as the project lead on select Insights projects particularly focused around supporting operational excellence across the business.
- Work across the business to help establish data driven KPIs to assess company performance and empower teams and individuals with relevant insights to drive decision making and support continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a suite of enterprise reports and dashboards to improve availability and transparency of information across the business.
- Collaborate with the whole business to translate business problems and strategic requirements into actionable Insights objectives.
- Strive for maximum automation, standardisation and utilisation of reporting and insights in an easily digestible format.
- Represent Sentric at industry events and seek opportunities to collaborate with the wider Music Industry on data issues and initiatives.
- Potential for the role to expand to include line management responsibilities for junior analysts as the team expands.
- Proven experience within a data analysis role, ideally within the music publishing industry.
- Keen eye for detail
- Results orientated.
- Proven technical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to present complex ideas in a clear and engaging manner.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and delivering to deadlines.
- Experience querying and extracting data from large and complex datasets using SQL
- Working knowledge of BI solutions and data visualisation tools (PowerBI/Tableau/Looker)
- Familiarity with Python or similar programming language would be desirable.
- Previous line management experience would be desirable
Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.