Sentric Music are looking for a Royalty Manager to join our Finance Team.
Based in the creative areas of the Baltic Triangle in Liverpool – or in Soho, London – the Royalty Manager will be integral to managing the accounts for our international client base.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 50+ employees based in our offices in the UK, Germany, New York, LA, Netherlands and Spain. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Royalty Manager to manage the full cycle of royalty distribution to our clients; from cash receipt from international collection societies, to matching income with relevant songs, preparing artists’ statements and coordinating payments.
The company is in an exciting phase of launching an industry-challenging platform that will transform royalty collection for our ever-growing client base. This is a unique opportunity to take part in the design aspect of our new royalty accounting software, which will offer fair and transparent solutions to the music industry.
- Manage all aspects of distribution of royalties, including:
- Log cash receipts on daily basis across all internal companies and sources
- Retrieve related statement for cash receipt and analyse/split/reconcile
- Complete accounting cycle required of each source of money, i.e: Reconcile to amount received in the bank; Split the file between clients/companies; Identify writers and PRS tunecodes linked to account; Convert international income to local currency at correct FX rate; Book in ledger as appropriate; Prepare upload files for royalty system(s); Prepare raw data for manual statements
- Analyse all royalty income in-depth
- Prepare royalty statement and coordinate the distribution to our clients
- Manage the onboarding of royalty accounts for new clients
- Assist with design of our bespoke royalty accounting software to be launched
- Assist with migration from various systems to our new software once complete
- Manage the workload of Finance Analyst to assist with all stages of royalty accounts
- Assist with any other ad-hoc tasks as required by Head of Finance
- Educated to degree level (Economics or similar) or completed relevant Accounting qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience of working with finance in a commercial environment
- Experience of working to set deadlines
- Advanced user of Excel
- Experience of managing accounts for multiple and complex streams of income
- Experience of working with music publishing royalty accounts is highly desirable
- Experience of designing new procedures and routines for accounting
- Enthusiastic about working with a forward-thinking company in the music industry
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan and manage your own – and others – workload
- Transparent and willing to collaborate with other departments
- Ability to maintain a calm and methodical approach whilst working under pressure
- A keen eye to identify improvements and efficiency of accounting procedures
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Inspiring and creative office premises with a music profile
- Office pool table, break-out areas and company socials
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes incl. Cycle to work, Childcare vouchers, Nursery, Discounted gym membership
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line “Royalty Manager”
Application deadline: 9.00 AM Monday 13 August 2018 but interviews may commence sooner