Royalty Distribution Manager
Recently acquired by Believe, Sentric Music is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets. Sentric Music Group is a rapidly expanding music publishing company with 80+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Palma, New York and LA.
The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners. Our industry-challenging platform is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing.
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,700 talented people in more than 50 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe’s mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development, in all local markets around the world, with respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
The Royalty Team performs a key role in the Music Publishing cycle, ensuring accurate and timely payment of royalties, aiding a first-class experience for our clients.
The Royalty Distribution Manager will be responsible for the output of client royalty statements, managing the full distributions process, ensuring accurate calculations through to timely delivery of client statements.
Working with the wider Royalty department to maintain a smooth process from receipt of incoming royalty receipts, providing detailed review and validation of calculation outputs, rectifying errors through communication with internal teams, along with carrying out revenue assurance checks guaranteeing the integrity of reporting to clients.
This role will also be responsible for collation of distribution reports and will liaise with internal teams to manage any client queries around distribution outputs.
- Managing Calculation Outputs.
- Reporting Errors to Processing Teams.
- Validating Transactions Data.
- Revenue Assurance.
- Prepare Client Distributions.
- Collating Distribution Reports.
- Deal with Client queries either via Internal departments or direct with client.
- Work with the Client Management, Artist Services and Marketing teams to prepare distribution communications.
- Demonstrated experience in royalty distribution, financial analysis, or similar roles within the music publishing industry.
- Thorough understanding of royalties distribution and revenue assurance practices.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in data validation and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities to manage relationships and internal collaborations effectively.
- Detail-oriented approach with a high level of accuracy in financial calculations and reporting.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced department.
- Knowledge of varied accounting requirement and set ups.
- Experience with writing SQL queries, along with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Advanced Excel proficiency.
Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.