Please email your CV and cover letter to c[email protected], subject line “US Director of Business Development”
Application deadline: 9.00 AM (GMT-5) Monday 19th October 2020. Early applications advised as interviews will commence as and when applications are received until a suitable candidate has been found.
Sentric Music Group is looking for a Director of Business Development with solid music publishing knowledge and a far-reaching industry network. This is a unique opportunity to secure a key position in the company and drive our presence in the North American market; backed by cutting-edge technology and an experienced international team.
Based in New York or Los Angeles, the Director of Business Development will play an integral part in our US branch, which has plans for significant expansion in 2020/2021.
International travel may be required following the ease of pandemic travelling restrictions.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music Group is a rapidly expanding music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Palma & New York. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners. Sentric Music Group proudly represents songwriters ranging from those writing their first ever songs to RIAA platinum certified, BMI/Ivor Novello Award Winning, genre defining artists.
Sentric Music is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets; our industry-challenging platform is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing. The Director of Business Development is instrumental in achieving our goal of offering fair and transparent publishing solutions to the global music industry.
- Develop long-term, sustainable relationships with prospective US clients through proactive networking and attending industry events.
- Analyze potential new lines of business including research of market & client potential. Review competitive landscape, financials and client acquisition potential.
- Actively generate leads for new business opportunities, partnerships and acquisitions. Manage the whole cycle from initial contact through to deal negotiation and agreement signature.
- Deliver U.S. market insights to CEO and Executive team, formulate proposals to increase Sentric Music’s product & service appeal in this territory.
- Work closely with Client Management team to ensure that client service objectives are clearly set and delivered on, while maintaining high-level client relationships.
- Develop ways to monitor progress, monetary value and status of own business leads, deliver reports to CEO and wider business as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferable BA degree or equivalent qualification. Music Industry or Business studies are meriting.
- Strong working knowledge of music publishing, neighboring rights, copyright and licensing is essential.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a B2B music business sales environment.
- An advanced understanding of technology/software is meriting. An adept user of Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated and effective self-starter.
- Sociable and relationship-building – with an ability to liaise with clients and stakeholders at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced and diverse commercial environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and methodical approach to work at all times.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication & presentation skills, with a clear and effective communication style.
- Demonstrated business judgment.
- Comfortable working within a team and independently, although being a team player is of utmost importance.
- Enjoys frequent travelling as part of work duties
- Thrives in a creative company with a music industry profile. Appreciates a highly ambitious, yet social and friendly work environment.
- 20 day annual holiday entitlement, with Christmas holiday shut-down period added in addition.
- Ability to work from home, subject to prior agreement with management.
- Competitive health and dependent care benefits package.