Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Director of Rights, Rights Team Manager
Application submission: Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “Copyright Manager”.
Application deadline: 9.00 AM, Friday 8th April 2022.
The Copyright Team sits within Sentric’s Rights division. Its objectives are:
- To ensure accurate and timely registration of client’s copyrights around the world.
- To maximise revenue streams from all potential sources.
- To identify areas of potential income growth for client’s catalogues.
- To partner with internal teams to ensure client expectations are exceeded, ensuring significant retention and renewal levels are maintained.
- To ensure clients are at the centre of all activity, ensuring Sentric´s ethos of fairness, transparency and customer focus is evident at all times.
The Copyright Manager is responsible for leading the team who handle the administration of Managed Copyrights. They will interact with clients, collection societies and other interested parties to facilitate effective global administration of copyrights.
Company & Recruitment Background
Founded in 2006, Sentric Music Group is a global, award-winning independent publisher headquartered in Liverpool, UK and with 80+ employees across offices in Europe and North America.
The company offers rights management services to over 300,000 songwriters and represents more than 3m works globally directly or via partners, including music publishers, independent labels, management companies and distributors that benefit from Sentric’s publishing administration, co-publishing and creative services. Sentric proudly represents songwriters ranging from those writing their first ever songs to RIAA platinum certified, BMI/Ivor Novello Award Winning and genre defining artists.
The company is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets; our technology is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing.
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We, therefore, welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Ensure accurate and timely global registration of Sentric’s Managed Copyright catalogue
- Register new Managed Copyright catalogue agreements across all societies globally
- Quality assurance of work and managing workloads of Managed Copyright team to ensure the accurate registration and handling of all Sentric Managed Copyright works
- Liaise with Sentric Music’s sub-publishers and PRO’s to ensure that catalogue is accurately reflected and maintained in their databases, coordinate a successful resolution of any matters raised
- Coordinate account set-up and works ingestion for high priority clients involving Managed Copyright team, ensuring a seamless catalogue integration to Sentric Music’s systems.
- Work with Activity Tracking team to add priority Managed Copyright artists to:
- Broadcast activity tracking services
- Activity and product matching monitoring sheets
- Monitoring sheets for US Advertising
- Act as point of contact for complex copyright matters regarding Sentric Music’s Managed Copyright clients
- Liaise with Client Managers to ensure that Managed Copyright artists are receiving an adequate and consistent level of copyright service
- Advise the wider team on complex general queries regarding copyright matters.
Rights Management & Client Management Support
- Work with Director of Rights and Rights Team Manager to provide expert advice on how Sentric Music’s Copyright teams can adhere to best practice, identify growth areas and implement changes where appropriate.
- Assist with special projects initiated by the wider Rights Management team division, Client Managers and Director of Rights, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks.
- Ability and willingness to lead a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy and detail-driven
- Demonstrable, prioritisation, organisation and deadline management skills required
- High level of numeracy
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic SQL skills are preferable
- Strong understanding of the music publishing industry is required
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm for working with clients, songwriters and business partners at all levels
- Collaborative approach to outcomes
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Persistent drive to complete tasks in accurate and timely manner.
- Previous experience of working within copyright and interacting with PRO’s
- Previous experience of working with clients
- Admin experience is essential
- Previous experience of supporting team members