Sentric Music Group is looking for a personable Client Manager with solid industry knowledge to deliver a first-class relationship & reporting service to our key clients; ranging from boutique publishing houses to Grammy, Ivors & BMI-awarded songwriters. The role will be crucial to coordinate our operational stakeholders to maximise claims and revenue for our catalogues, and keeping clients informed of the comprehensive work we do for them.
Based in the heart of Liverpool’s creative Baltic Triangle area, the Client Manager will play an integral part in coordinating client service activities across the departments of Sentric Music Group. National & international travel may be required when conditions allow.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music Group is a rapidly expanding music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Palma, New York and LA. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Sentric Music is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets; our industry-challenging platform is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing. The Client Manager will be instrumental in achieving our goal of offering fair and transparent publishing solutions to the music industry, utilising our solid in-house publishing expertise with cutting edge technology.
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We, therefore, welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Ensure a seamless, first-class experience for all Sentric Music’s clients – from initial dialogue through to signed and ongoing partnerships – using agile work practices to deliver service timely and to set standards with consistent communication.
- Act as Client Manager for a select group of clients and coordinate department activities in line with agreed service standards:
- ensuring that all clients receive proactive communication through regular calls and meetings.
- delivering comprehensive reporting and analytics to clients.
- in liaison with client, develop an ongoing strategy on how to maximise clients’ publishing earnings.
- Contribute to the development of Sentric Music Group’s processes surrounding client interaction, financial reporting and relationship-building. Drive a high level of operational focus, co-operation and inter-communication between the various departments in order to service clients to agreed standards.
- Contribute to Client Management team meetings, help formulate clear actions, goals and targets for the team with a focus on delivery for managed clients.
- Ensure regular meetings are held with other operational stakeholders and teams, setting out clear actions and addressing any barriers for delivering client services to the high standards set.
- Work with Rights Management Dept. to coordinate catalogue ingestion into administration systems.
- Work with relevant departments to collate internal catalogue activity data as required for client reports, i.e. number of works registered, income claims made, sync placements etc.
- Liaise with Royalties & Finance team to ensure that clients receive comprehensive financial reporting in line with set timeframes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Located in Merseyside/North West or willing to relocate to be based in our Liverpool office. Remote applicants must address their relocation plans in the Cover Letter.
- Preferable BA degree or equivalent qualification/work experience. Music Industry studies are meriting.
- Working knowledge of the music industry is essential.
- Music publishing, neighbouring rights, copyright and licensing knowledge is meriting.
- Adept user of technology/software.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and large datasets.
- Experience of working in remote teams and/or across time zones are highly meriting.
- Highly motivated and effective self-starter.
- Sociable and relationship-building – with an ability to liaise with clients and stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced and diverse commercial environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and methodical approach to work at all times.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a clear and effective communication style.
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated business judgment.
- Comfortable working within a team and independently, although being a team player is of utmost importance – willing to help out where an extra pair of hands are needed.
- Enjoys frequent travelling as part of work duties.
- Thrives in a creative company with a music industry profile. Appreciates an ambitious and target-oriented, yet social and friendly work environment.
- Perkbox employee benefits membership, offering discounted rates at gyms, restaurants, high-street shops and online retailers.
- Christmas holiday shut-down period added on top of holiday entitlement (6 extra days in 2021)
- Employment Assistance Programme, including 6 sessions of counselling to employees and their families/partners, along with health, medical, finance and legal advice available 24/7.
- Ability to work from home on selected weekdays, subject to prior agreement with management.
- Funded company social calendar with virtual and (hopefully soon) our regular face-to-face events.
- Please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] , subject line “Client Manager”
- Please complete our Equal Opportunities Form to help inform our D&I practices.
- Applicants remote to Liverpool/North West UK must address their relocation plans in the Cover Letter.
Application deadline: 9.00 AM, Monday 14th June 2021. Early applications advised as interviews will commence as and when applications are received until a suitable candidate has been found.