Location: Multiple (Canada, East Coast (preferably NYC), Miami / Atlanta, Midwest (preferably Chicago), Nashville, West Coast (preferably LA))
Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: President North America, Sentric Music Group.
Company website: www.sentricmusicgroup.com
Application submission: Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “A&R Director, LOCATION”
Application deadline: 9.00 AM EST, Monday February 28th 2022. Early applications advised as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Sentric Music Group is looking for an A&R Director. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to source and secure rights related deals within the Music and/or related Industries. A background in A&R, business development and/or sales is preferred, with a far-reaching industry network.
Supported by cutting-edge technology and an experienced team, this is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing Company, and be part of building a strong presence in North America.
Company & Recruitment Background
Founded in 2006, Sentric Music Group is a global, award-winning independent publisher headquartered in Liverpool, UK and with 80+ employees across offices in Europe and North America.
The company offers rights management services to over 300,000 songwriters and represents more than 3m works globally directly or via partners, including music publishers, independent labels, management companies and distributors that benefit from Sentric’s publishing administration, co-publishing and creative services. Sentric proudly represents songwriters ranging from those writing their first ever songs to RIAA platinum certified, BMI/Ivor Novello Award Winning and genre defining artists.
The company is in an exciting phase of significant growth into new markets; our technology is transforming the traditional models for royalty collection and our client base is consistently growing.
The new US A&R Team will be instrumental in achieving our goal of offering fair and transparent publishing solutions to the global music industry.
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We, therefore, welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Actively generate leads for new signings, business opportunities, partnerships and acquisitions.
- Manage the whole cycle from initial contact through to deal negotiation and agreement execution.
- Develop long-term, sustainable relationships with prospective US clients through proactive networking and attending industry events.
- Analyze potential new lines of business including research of market & client potential. Review competitive landscape, financials and client acquisition potential.
- Deliver local market insights to our President and Head of A&R in North America and formulate proposals to increase Sentric’s product & service appeal in this market.
- Work closely with the Client Management team to ensure that client service objectives are clearly set and delivered, while maintaining high-level client relationships.
- Ability to work well within the team whilst also being able to work independently when required
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple high-priority tasks in a fast paced and diverse commercial environment
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and methodical approach
- Verbal and written communication to a high standard
- Public speaking and presentations to a range of audiences from senior stakeholders to industry events
- Demonstrated business judgement
- An understanding of technology / software would be beneficial
- A working knowledge of music publishing, neighbouring rights, copyright and licensing would be beneficial
- Highly motivated and effective self-starter
- Sociable with good relationship building skills
- An ability to liaise with clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Enjoys travelling and working in new environments
- Thrives in a creative company with a music industry profile
- Preferable BA degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a competitive A&R and/or Biz Dev/Sales environment
- 20 day annual holiday entitlement, with Christmas holiday shut-down period added in addition.
- Ability to work from home, subject to prior agreement with management.
- Competitive health and dependent care benefits package.