- Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com with email subject line “Copyright Assistant (Neighbouring Rights)” by Tuesday 23 Feb 2021 at 9.00 AM.
- Please complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form via: https://forms.gle/V8iR2CgEnxV21NqH8
Sentric Music is looking for a Copyright Assistant to administer the recording copyrights on behalf of our artists and catalogue owners. If you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with data, this is the chance to join our team of music enthusiasts and work alongside neighbouring rights societies across the world.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca and New York. The company uses cutting-edge technology to handle copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of leading talent from across the spectrum of songwriters, music catalogue owners and record labels.
Working as part of our friendly Rights Management team in the creative Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool, the Copyright Assistant will specialise in Neighbouring Rights (NR) and liaise daily with our clients and collection societies globally to ensure all copyrights are registered accurately and all revenue is claimed efficiently. As a quickly expanding company, we offer internal routes for progression and training – this is a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career within music copyright.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Act as client interface for incoming day-to-day NR queries via emails, CRM systems, phone and client meetings.
- Assist with system onboarding of new NR clients and catalogues in line with agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with artists, labels and catalogue owners to gather all metadata assets required to register works with NR societies, ensuring that all possible revenue streams are claimed, collected and distributed back to clients effectively.
- Register Sentric Music’s represented works with NR societies globally through regular bulk and manual uploads, ensuring that ISRC codes are assigned to all titles.
- Handle registration amendments and terminations at NR societies.
- Utilise society databases to ensure that clients are linked correctly to all works within their repertoire and that any historic registration issues are resolved.
- Resolve any disputes or duplicate claims arising, liaising with writers, management, label representatives and internal teams as required.
- Be the day-to-day point of contact for internal NR queries.
- Collate and deliver reporting to Client Management team and key company meetings.
- Actively look for ways to improve own and division’s work processes, suggesting improvements to Copyright Team Manager & Head of Rights Management.
- Assist department management and the wider business with special projects and data management as and when required.
- Music Business, Finance or Economic studies are meriting.
- Previous work experience in a music organisation and/or administrative role is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of publishing and copyright is meriting.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to structure and make relevant priorities of own workload.
- Ability to work under own initiative and plan own time to meet deadlines.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, able to remain calm and focussed during peak times.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Positive team player with a can-do attitude to service our artist and clients.
- Interest and knowledge of the music scene and associated industry, with a strong enthusiasm for emerging artists.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise application will not be considered.
- Perkbox employee benefits membership, offering discounted rates at gyms, restaurants, high-street shops and online retailers.
- Funded company social calendar.
- Christmas holiday shut-down period added on top of holiday entitlement.
- Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) including health, financial and counselling support for employees as well as their families/partners.