Sentric Music is looking for an Activity Tracking Administrator to play a crucial part in monitoring the usages of our artists’ works to ensure that we maximise the value of royalties paid back to them.
If you have an eye for detail, are analytically minded and enjoy working with data; this is the chance to join our team of music enthusiasts and work alongside copyright societies and streaming platforms across the world.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca and New York. The company uses cutting-edge technology to handle copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of leading talent from across the spectrum of songwriters, music catalogue owners and record labels.
Working as part of our friendly Rights Management team in Liverpool’s creative Baltic Triangle area, the Activity Tracking Administrator will specialise in analysing usage data from streaming platforms, broadcast monitoring systems, and copyright societies globally to ensure all works are registered accurately and all revenue is claimed efficiently. As a quickly expanding company, we offer internal routes for progression and training – this is a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career within music copyright.
- Maintaining and updating list of high-performing works on streaming platforms.
- Utilising high-performing works lists to research works at key societies, ensuring that:
- Sentric Music’s copyright claim is accurately registered on the works.
- the copyright share picture and writer details are correct.
- amendments or work merges are carried out if required, through liaison with the
- Requesting work merges resulting from mechanical claims such as backclaim requests,
usage reports or ahead of unlicensed claims.
- Updating copyright information with any additional data, such as advertising clock
- Research of PRO’s “New Works Research” areas, matching relevant works to Sentric’s
catalogue, investigating if high-profile usages are linked to works found. Digital Royalty Tracking
- Responsible for the quarterly download of Spotify for Publishers streaming figures to assist with the analysis of data.
- Collating data from collection societies relating to digital income to assist with income analysis.
- Use YouTube data to identify and log any popular works and ensure these are included in the high priority works list to be checked at PROs.
- Work with the Royalty Tracking Manager to process data from third party platforms DSP platforms and identify where claims can be made.
- Assist the Royalty Tracking Manager with collating client broadcast data.
- Researching US advertising claims.
- Submitting claims to PROs for advertising jingles, (submission of jingles forms where
- Uploading audio and work information to activity tracking systems.
- Checking cue sheets at PROs where necessary to ensure the correct Sentric works are
linked and submitting cue sheets to PROs
- Researching if high profile works appear on Unclaimed Works databases and making claims if necessary.
- Analysis of mechanical usage reports, making any necessary claims resulting from this.
- Raise queries with PROs to request any adjustments and/or backclaims on mechanical
- Raising unlicensed product queries with MCPS licensing when highlighted by Sentric
writer and/or publisher.
- Music Business or Creative Industry studies are highly meriting.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Previous work experience in a music organisation and/or administrative role is desirable.
- Knowledge of publishing and copyright is highly meriting.
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to structure and make relevant priorities of own
- Ability to work under own initiative and plan own time to meet deadlines.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, able to remain calm and focussed during peak times.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to liaise with
both internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Positive team player with a can-do attitude to service our artist and clients.
- Interest and knowledge of the music scene and associated industry, with a strong
enthusiasm for emerging artists.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise application will not be considered.
- Perkbox employee benefits membership, offering discounted rates at gyms, restaurants, high-street shops and online retailers.
- Funded company social calendar.
- Christmas holiday shut-down period added on top of holiday entitlement.
- Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) including health, financial and free counselling
support to employees and their immediate family members/partners.
In order to apply for this role, we ask you to
1.Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected], subject line “Activity Tracking Administrator”
2.Please complete our Equal Opportunities Form to help us ensure our job adverts reach candidates of all backgrounds.
9.00 AM, Friday 8th Jan 2021.