A & R Executive (UK)
- Location: Liverpool or London
- Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
- Reporting to: Business Development Director, Europe
Application submission: Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “A&R Executive”. Application deadline: 5:00pm, Monday 20th February 2023.
The UK A&R team sits within Sentric´s European Business Development division. Its objectives are:
- To obtain new clients (songwriters, artists and businesses) via new business generation and cross sales.
- To develop new products, and enhance existing services, to better serve the market and grow market share.
- To review current and existing markets to maximise opportunities for growth. ● To partner with internal teams to ensure client expectations are exceeded, ensuring significant retention and renewal levels are maintained.
- To ensure clients are at the centre of all activity, ensuring Sentric´s ethos of fairness, transparency and customer focus is evident at all times.
The A & R Executives will share responsibility for delivering the UK teams objectives, measured by team performance targets, agreed with the A & R Manager and approved by the European Business Development Director.
A & R Executives will continually seek new clients for Sentric Music Group across all genres and deal types (including Neighbouring Rights) , qualifying which products are most suitable and working with internal teams to ensure smooth sign up, onboarding and on-going relationship experience.
A & R Executives will operate as ´Business Development Leads´ for all clients they bring in, acting as escalation points for opportunities and problems where they cannot be resolved within the Client Services or other internal team.
- Jointly responsible for Sentric´s UK new business targets, measured by company KPIs.
- Drive new business growth through the identification of new opportunities and client acquisition.
- Deliver maximum value from, and opportunities for, new and existing Sentric Music Group clients, measured by team KPIs.
- Prepare advance appraisals, liaising with the A & R Manager and Finance team to calculate and complete offers.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of offers and long form contracts, in partnership with Legal and Business Affairs.
- Be a Sentric ambassador online, in press and at events.
- Communicate effectively within own team and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with artists, writers, managers and business clients at all levels .
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal teams to identify and deliver new client opportunities (e.g. events, festivals, funds, etc).
- Sales and Client acquisition.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Prioritisation, Organisation and Deadline Management
- Verbal and Written Communication to a high standard.
- Public Speaking and Presentations to a range of audiences from management stakeholders to industry events.
- Passionate understanding of the music industry.
- Demonstrable understanding of the music ecosystem and the functions within it.
- Able to describe how global copyrights and rights organisations operate and are governed.
- CRM and Office Software.
- Positive can do approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiasm for working with artists and business partners at all levels.
- Collaborative approach to outcomes.
- Enjoy travelling and working in new environments.
- 2 years within music publishing industry.
- Sales to low, medium and high value clients.
- An emerging network of artists, writers and industry professionals.
Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise, the application will not be considered.