Location Liverpool HQ (Baltic Triangle) or London (SoHo)
Contract terms: Full-time, permanent, (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reporting to: Artist Services Manager, Director Sentric Electronic
Company website: www.sentricmusicgroup.com
Sentric Electronic website: https://sentricelectronic.com/
- Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, subject line “Artist Liaison – Sentric Electronic”
- Please complete our Equal Opportunities Form to help inform our D&I practices.
- Applicants remote to Liverpool/London must address their relocation plans in the Cover Letter.
- Application deadline: 9.00 AM, Tuesday 29th June 2021. Early applications advised.
Sentric Music is looking for an Artist Liaison to join our growing Artist Services team; a sociable and versatile communicator with a strong passion for the Electronic scene. The Artist Liaison’s key focus is to identify and approach high-potential Electronic artists to engage with Sentric Electronic’s (SE) publishing service; generating own leads and acting on referrals from Director of Electronic Music, Artist Services & Creative teams.
Liaising with songwriters, managers and independent labels/catalogue owners, the Artist Liaison will ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new SE artists, enable artists to maximise their royalties and sustain their creative careers.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca, New York and LA. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Sentric Music’s publishing operations was founded in 2006 with a mission to offer artists the fairest publishing deal in the music industry. As part of our flexible 28 day rolling publishing contract, we offer songwriters direct access to our global royalty collection network, as well as sync, broadcast and showcase performance opportunities.
This is the chance to join one of the most forward-thinking companies in music publishing and to be a key part of the team at an exciting time of expansion and growth. The role offers routes for career progression and training.
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Introduce Sentric Electronic’s publishing services to unpublished, high-potential artists globally through own research and acting on referrals from Director of SE, Creative and Artist Services teams. Drive the full cycle from initial contact through to agreement signature.
- Ensure that all potential clients’ queries are brought to a timely resolution, involving specialised teams as required.
- Assist with onboarding onto the Sentric publishing platform and ensure that all clients are aware of all benefits available to them through the Sentric Music service.
- Work within the Artist Services team to achieve KPI-driven targets for SE artists, assisting Artist Services Manager with the implementation of ongoing outreach initiatives as well as special Artist Services projects, including but not limited to:
- Partaking in the Sentric Academy Fund programme; guiding artists through the application process, reviewing and shortlisting incoming artist applications against funding criteria.
- Contributing with content ideas for the Sentric Accelerator Programme; proposing suitable artists and industry speakers to invite and deliver presentations to programme participants.
- Prepare and present A&R-related reports to other divisions within Sentric, highlighting key artist signings and promoting high-potential artists internally.
- Represent Sentric Music at events with a view to expand our existing network of key artist and industry contacts. Deliver presentations and attend panel discussions, promoting the Sentric ethos of fairness, equality and transparency in the music industry.
- Ongoing curation of all Sentric Electronic DSP playlists.
- Assist Marketing team with content ideas for communication campaigns to engage the Sentric Electronic artist base.
- Domestic and international travel as well as out of office hours may be required to attend industry events and performances by Sentric Electronic artists.
Qualifications & Experience
- A working knowledge of the music industry is required, demonstrated either through work experience and/or studies within the fields of Music, Business Studies or Creative Industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a music industry role is required, preferably in an organisational capacity.
- Highly IT literate, with a working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of publishing is highly meriting, although not a requirement.
- Personally well-networked within the scene of emerging Electronic artists, labels and managers.
- Passionate about Electronic music, with a strong enthusiasm for working with emerging artists.
- Personable with a strong ability to form long-lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders in a friendly and professional way.
- Solid organisational skills, the ability to make relevant priorities, plan and manage own workload.
- Ability to work effectively towards deadlines and remain methodical and focused during peak times.
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- A positive, can-do attitude. Works well independently and unsupervised, as well as within a team.
- Enjoy travelling with work when required, as well as working out of office hours attending our artists’ live performances regularly.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise, the application will not be considered.
- Applicants remote to Liverpool or London must address their relocation plans.
- Perkbox employee benefits membership, offering discounted rates at gyms, restaurants, high-street shops and online retailers.
- Funded company social calendar.
- Christmas holiday shut-down period added on top of holiday entitlement.
- Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) including health, financial and counselling support for employees as well as their families/partners.