Title: Licensing Coordinator
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY
Reports to: Head of Commercial Licensing
SG Services, Inc.’s Business Affairs team is seeking a Licensing Coordinator, capable of coordinating a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters on behalf of the Business Affairs Team. The Business Affairs Team is comprised of skilled lawyers, licensing managers and administrators who draft and negotiate agreements on behalf of the Secretly-affiliated companies, including deals with artists, distributors, technology vendors, licensors, digital services and more. This role will be responsible for organizing and tracking the department’s deal-making process, which will involve working closely with multiple departments. The successful candidate will also be responsible for facilitating minor licensing requests from inception to completion of paperwork. This position will be based in Bloomington, Indiana or Brooklyn, New York and will report to the Head of Commercial Licensing as part of Secretly Group‘s Business Affairs Team.
- Oversee master use minor licensing requests by gathering project details, pursuing necessary approvals, and negotiating terms. Minor licensing requests include promotional gratis licenses (e.g., such as podcast, free download requests and magazine covermounts), and minor limited format, compilation, soundtrack and sample licenses, as needed.
- Assist with departmental administration (e.g., maintain and internally distribute a variety of status charts; coordinate the full execution of various business agreements; perform accurate data entry, organization and retrieval of agreements).
- Accurately summarize agreement terms and communicate them to relevant departments.
- Issue short-form licensing agreements based upon negotiated terms.
- Enter licenses into the licensing database and ensure data is complete and accurate.
- Accurately track licenses through to full execution and work with multiple departments to coordinate the delivery of invoices and any applicable assets.
- Perform any other tasks related to the department’s role that might be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, communication, and data-entry skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to retain detailed information and instructions and execute tasks accordingly.
- Motivated and proven self-starter who is proactive and resourceful.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
- Willingness to work on projects across a broad spectrum of complexity.
- Ability to work both independently and a part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses an interest in licensing, business and legal concepts within the music industry.
- General knowledge of music clearance, licensing and copyright principles preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and documents.
- Passionate about music and familiarity with the Secretly-affiliate roster is a plus.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/jcaYVMFncJj5SrTz9
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.