Secretly Group Seeks Senior Director of A&R, Secretly Publishing
Status: Full-time Exempt
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: President of A&R
Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Faye Webster, Beach Fossils, as well as the publishing catalogues of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Secretly Publishing is seeking an individual for the role of Senior Director of A&R, working out of the label group’s Los Angeles or New York office. Primary duties include supervising current and future publishing A&R staff, co-authoring and managing signing budgets, scouting and signing artists to the company at all levels of the developmental spectrum, creating co-write opportunities, and developing strong relationships with artists, producers, writers, managers, and lawyers. In addition, the candidate will be a close collaborator with the Managing Director of Publishing & Sync, VP of A&R, and President of A&R on the future of Secretly Publishing.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years experience working in music publishing with proven success in that role.
- Experience working with artists (performers, songwriters, producers, etc) in a creative space.
- Highly creative with a strong business sense and follow through.
- A track record for discovering & nurturing new artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them.
- Knowledge & passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including managers, labels, lawyers, songwriters, and producers is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with the publishing and label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
To apply and submit a resume, please fill out the form at this link: https://forms.gle/uYwPuFoxmtQTiA9aA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.