Secretly Group is a leading independently owned music company. Secretly’s major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, as well Secretly Publishing.
Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond.
We release music by artists such as Bon Iver, Sharon Van Etten, Phoebe Bridgers, Khruangbin, Moses Sumney, Angel Olsen, Slowdive, Shame, Whitney, and serpentwithfeet.
Purpose of role:
The VP, Operations will oversee label operations across UK & Europe working closely with teams to create an effective commercial strategy.
- Collaborate across the label affiliates to identify and carry out common goals, and objectives as it pertains to our UK & European operations.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes within our UK & European operation.
- Establish and administer the department’s budget as well as review staffing requirements for label affiliates in UK & Europe.
- Create and maintain periodic performance reports and tracks metrics for the COO and label Partners.
- Proven experience of successful people and team management across territories.
- A diplomatic and empathetic approach.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Proven proactive leadership skills.
- Previous proven experience of working successfully with an international remit.
- Experience of, and ability to quickly understand existing processes and systems, digest thoroughly, and propose and implement effective improvements.
- An analytical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience creating, running and working with multiple budgets.
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify new opportunities.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of established creative teams.
- An entrepreneurial and flexible approach with an active interest in building the business.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Adaptable and forward thinking.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capable, confident and comfortable with all aspects of day-to-day label operations.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “VP Operations – Secretly Group” asap.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.