Located in the east London office, this is the perfect position for anyone with a passion for independent music. Secretly Group is an independently owned company that that includes the Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar & Secretly Canadian record labels.
We work with artists such as Bon Iver, Angel Olsen, Jamila Woods, Shame, Moses Sumney, Shura, Sharon Van Etten, Whitney and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
Ideally the candidate will have the following:
- 2-4 years experience of publicity across the creative industries
- Excellent communication and pitching skills
- Strong organizational skills for reporting, PR scheduling and expenses
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Huge passion and understanding of modern journalism and music
- Experience of writing for online or print publications
- Excellent writing skills including attention to detail and the ability to edit text
- Understanding of how the modern audience engages with music
- Good working understanding of the current press landscape
- Advanced level working knowledge of social media.
- Some experience with influencer and brand marketing would be a benefit.
- Considered opinions on global press strategy
- Maintain the UK press database and build up personal contacts within the media
- Write press plans and set strategic targets that fit with a global plan
- Service new music to journalists, tastemakers and influencers
- Pitch for features within the print/online world
- Write press releases and biographies
- Arrange for biographies to be written by third party journalists
- Press release news and activity
- Strategise and coordinate photoshoots for artists
- Arrange/over-see face to face interviews, phoners, online sessions and press days
- Cultivate relationships with influencers, the media and independent PR companies
- Manage a label press archive
- Manage regular press reports
- Manage industry-facing press for the labels
- Attend conferences, gigs and festivals on behalf of the labels
- Be available to occasionally cover promo outside of regular office hours
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 4th August.
However, we will be reviewing CVs as they arrive and begin the interviewing process asap.