Hours: 25/Week, Monday – Friday
Reports To: Managing Director, Secretly Group (UK & Europe)
Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, and Faye Webster, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Secretly Group seeks a part-time UK Intern for our London office. This is a junior role that would suit someone looking for their first opportunity in the music industry. In this role, you will be working alongside the UK Label and Distribution teams and provide support to the local teams across various aspects of the company. Whilst no music or marketing experience is necessary for the role it will suit someone who is interested in a career in the music industry and someone who is a motivated self-starter. Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, Secretly Group roster would also be a bonus.
- Compiling weekly sales reports for the different label affiliates (OCC, Hot Titles, pre-order reports, etc)
- Submitting UK promo stock orders
- Overseeing guestlists: fielding requests and managing our guest list management tool by adding new dates, ticket links, invitees & ticket buy totals
- Assisting our Label & Distribution Project Managers with miscellaneous tasks
- Assisting with general office tasks: including but not limited to reception duties, shopping, packing boxes, creating labels & booking courier shipments, arranging birthday cards and cakes for office staff
- Assisting with specific department reports for our promo, projects and distribution teams
- Assisting our promo team with campaign research, and podcast and online radio research to build targets and help with strategizing upcoming releases
- Uploading press cuttings to Basecamp archive & updating our radio playlist archive
- Assisting with metadata entry
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- A keen eye for detail, enthusiasm, and organisational skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Willingness to learn about the structure of a label and distributor
- Interest to gain experience in marketing, project management, PR/Plugging,
international systems, logistics and distribution, metadata, D2C
- Adaptability to a fast-paced environment with multiple teams.