Title: Social Media Coordinator
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY, Bloomington, IN
Reports to: Community Marketing Manager
Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, and Faye Webster, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Secretly Group’s Marketing Department is a collaborative, close-knit team that works across marketing, social media, advertising, creative, and digital. The Social Media Coordinator runs social media for a subset of Secretly Group in-house channels and supports social media plans for requisite partners and artists affiliated with those channels. This person will work within the marketing department on all facets of social media, content development and will assist the Community Marketing Manager on social media projects for and about our rosters of artists. This is a full time position in our marketing department, and can be based in our Bloomington, IN, or Brooklyn, NY office.
- Run day to day social media for a subset of Secretly Group in-house channels
- Draft and circulate social media schedules/planners for artists and partners affiliated with those channels.
- Create social asset suites such as clips, gifs, vertical video clips
- Curate, write, schedule newsletters associated with accounts in the coordinators purview
- Implement, maintain and organize a robust content calendar that drives engagement across our various social media
- Collaborate with Community Marketing Manager and Heads of Marketing on audience growth, engagement, and other KPIs
- Monitor artist/customer channels and fan communities as well as evolving social media platforms & trends; share insights and observations
- Work with Marketing, Art and Project teams on original content as well as partnered/collaborative content with influencer/culture accounts.
- Work closely with the Catalog Manager to support catalog and historical releases across requisite channels
- Participate in relevant social media communities for vinyl collectors, cassette fans, music podcasts, etc.
- Engage with fans and respond to questions across platforms
- Maintain unique franchises on label social media channels
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Fluency across social media platforms
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, social analytics, & scheduling platforms.
- A bright, compelling writing style with impeccable attention to detail
- 1+ years’ background in the music industry
- Active interest in emerging technologies and social media platforms – especially as they relate to the music industry
- Interest/expertise in ecommerce, podcasting, vinyl, cassette and other relevant collector communities
- A passion for our labels’ rosters and for independent music across a variety of genres
- Exceptional eye for strong visual aesthetics and what effectively translates on each platform
- Adaptable to fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is desirable, specifically Photoshop and Premiere
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
NYC Salary: $55,250
Application Link: https://forms.gle/s9LFfs97dLGZS4D58
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.