Secretly Group Seeks Project Manager (North America) for Bloomington (IN), Brooklyn (NY), or Los Angeles (CA).
Secretly Group is looking for a motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic full-time Project Manager. The position will be based in one of our 3 main US offices: Bloomington (IN), Brooklyn (NY), Los Angeles (CA). 2-4 years of music industry experience are essential. The candidate must have a passion for music, a knack for organization, be keen to contribute to the global strategy for our projects, and an ability to communicate effectively with artists and managers.
Secretly Group is made up of the Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian record labels. We are headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, and Los Angeles, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond. We release music by artists such as Mitski, Khruangbin, Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Moses Sumney, Angel Olsen, Whitney, serpentwithfeet, and Yoko Ono.
- Work closely with A&R and serve as the primary operational point of contact and advocate for releases
- Maintain and foster relationships with artists providing an active and available label voice/presence alongside A&R.
- Manage project budgets, label copy, sales goals, production deadlines, and campaign timelines.
- Utilize data analytics to guide strategic decisions.
- Oversee all core elements of the record release cycle. Help to coordinate assets across campaigns, including music videos, remixes, live sessions, photoshoots, digital assets, etc.
- Liaise with internal label staff (marketing, promotions, radio, production, distribution, etc), and 3rd party team members (publicity, booking agents, sync placement, creatives, etc) to assure all parties have the information, resources, and access they require to excel in their work. At the same time, liaise with artists and management to both provide access to the wider team while also making that team feel manageable.
- The role is full-time, and will require some out-of-office-hours activity, such as attendance at shows, accompanying artists on promotional activities, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent thought and action.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Background of 2-4 years in the music industry.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate, send an email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.