Secretly Group seeks an Office Assistant & Radio Promotions for our Los Angeles, CA office.
This is an entry-level position that will undertake a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to office management and supporting our radio department. This role will entail clerical functions; screening calls; managing calendars for multiple executives; making travel and meeting arrangements.
The Radio Promotions Assistant will promote Secretly Group releases to radio, namely college, AAA, alternative, dance, urban AC, and other varying formats to obtain promotional, marketing, and label working experience. Develop a knowledge of how label operations work as a whole and from the scope of the promotions department, from the day to day of tour marketing to overall chart aspiring radio campaigns. The radio department works on all releases from all labels, Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Initially, this position will be remote work from home for the first few months. Once our LA office reopens this role will be one of the first to return and will ensure our office is prepared for the wider return of staff and desk renters.
Office Assistant Core Job Tasks:
Executive Assistant support:
- Manage and maintain multiple executive’s schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications, especially email communications.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings.
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Take on additional projects and administrative responsibilities as needs arise.
- Maintain an optimal workplace environment for all employees and desk renters including office maintenance & coordinating repairs
- Handle office supply ordering.
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels.
- Co-ordinate and support various projects with staff.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, including occasional runs to post office and UPS/Fed Ex.
- Greet scheduled and unscheduled visitors to the office.
Radio Promotions Assistant Core Job Tasks:
- Enter FMQB/NACC/BDS/Mediabase spins into a database to understand targets and become familiar with stations across the country and Canada.
- Create weekly reports of spins and highlights for bands and management teams, as well as for internal teams to utilize for department specific pitching.
- Listen for FCC violations on albums and become acquainted with FCC regulations.
- Send AAA/specialty/college email servicing via Mail Chimp.
- Maintain format contact lists.
- Pull target stations for pitching.
- Pull weekly priority marketing stats (Shazam, YouTube, streaming, sales, social, etc).
- Find stations charting Secretly Group artists.
- Create one sheets with pull quotes, interviews, tour updates, etc.
- Encode songs to Mediabase and BDS, also working to maintain the servicing calendar.
- Strong organizational, planning skills, and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and be adaptable in a fast-paced working environment
- Information gathering and monitoring skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem analysis, decision-making ability, and problem-solving skills
- A desire to continually improve the office environment and help others
- A motivated self-starter
- Able to handle confidential information
- Passionate about music and a familiarity with Secretly Group repertoire
- A background in college radio is a plus.
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Slack a plus
- Previous office experience a plus
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
Contact: To apply and submit a resume fill out the form at this link: https://forms.gle/EHme8Ev2eXhc8Lsw5
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We encourage and welcome everyone to apply!