Secretly Group is a group of affiliated, independently owned music companies, including Secretly Canadian, Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, The Numero Group and Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Chicago, Los Angeles and Austin.
Founded in 1996, Secretly Canadian counts Anohni, Jens Lekman, Whitney, The War On Drugs, the catalogue of Jason Molina and the recordings of comedian Tig Notaro amongst its roster. Jagjaguwar was also founded in 1996 and merged operations with Secretly Canadian in 1999.
The label’s present roster includes Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Dinosaur Jr., Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, and Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Meanwhile, Dead Oceans was founded in 2007 by the owners of Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian with Austin-based Phil Waldorf. It is the current home to Mitski, Kevin Morby, Phosphorescent, Slowdive and The Tallest Man On Earth.
The Numero Group was established by Tom Lunt, Rob Sevier, and Ken Shipley in 2003. It became a part of Secretly in 2013 when company partners Ben Swanson, Chris Swanson and Darius Van Arman bought a stake in the reissue specialist and brought it into the Secretly family.
Secretly Group seeks a US Marketing Director to oversee its marketing efforts in the United States for Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian.
This experienced marketing professional will bring thoughtful depth to marketing our artists. The ideal candidate is creative and self-motivated, who can stay organized in a fast-paced environment. Great communication skills and the ability to manage staff is vital to the role.
This position reports to Head of Global Marketing, and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington, Austin
- Work with project managers, A&R and marketing team to develop and execute marketing strategy for album campaigns
- Manage marketing staff and oversee digital advertising, social media, publicity and sales/streaming strategies
- Develop relationships with potential marketing partners, including retailers, DSPs, digital platforms and non-traditional outlets
- Analyze marketing data and develop strategies and best practices for social media, advertising and other elements of artist/album campaigns
- Effectively collaborate with artists and management on rollout and creative marketing strategy
- Collaborate closely with senior marketing staff to develop exemplary campaigns for all Secretly Group releases
- Directly lead and develop staff including radio, tour publicity, social media and digital marketing
- Be a team player with all divisions, labels, levels and regions of the organization
- Foster positive productive relationships with artist managers, publicists and other external partners
- Manage relationship with outside publicity firm and other marketing services
- Minimum of 5+ years marketing experience in the music industry, including product management, project management, promotions and publicity experience
- Track record of hiring, leading and growing marketing staff in the music industry
- Strong digital skill set, including a working knowledge of social media, digital advertising, DSPs and much more
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Experience in the music industry with a strong understanding of the digital and independent music ecosystem is required
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at [email protected]