Secretly Group seeks Manager, Catalog Sales and Marketing
Secretly Group’s catalog includes beloved and breakthrough releases from artists like Bon Iver, The Tallest Man on Earth, Anohni, The War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten, Julie Doiron, Dinosaur Jr., and dozens more. The Catalog Sales and Marketing Manager will work with Marketing, Direct-to-Consumer, A&R and Creative teams on physical and digital opportunities for our catalog. This newly created role will help us celebrate these releases in new and exciting ways, not just for existing fans, but for music lovers discovering these artists and works for the first time. This role will also include compiling and organizing relevant archival items, from concert posters to radio sessions to photos, etc. This role reports to our US/CAN Marketing Director.
Manager, Catalog Sales and Marketing – Principle Responsibilities
Catalog Sales and Marketing:
- Develop and execute compelling digital and physical marketing campaigns for catalog releases, reissues, anniversaries, and archival content; develop best practices for these campaigns
- Work closely with global marketing and digital teams to identify catalog and develop priorities on a long-lead timeline (12-18 months)
- Work closely with Digital Sales & Marketing team on DSP marketing and support for anniversaries, catalog events, and new related assets
- Develop and foster relationships with catalog-focused contacts at DSPs
- Work closely with Marketing/DTC teams on store strategy, newsletters, etc for catalog and reissues
- Work closely with project coordinators and project teams on global catalog stock concerns and catalog represses
- Develop expertise on Secretly catalog artists, releases and content, including their communities/stories
- Identify and balance variants of key catalog titles with retailers, record clubs and DTC, including international programs
- Identify opportunities for price campaigns on overstocks and back catalog
- Identify viral moments and build fast-turn campaigns to maximize their value
- Where applicable, develop marketing/ad budgets for catalog priorities
- Oversee record fairs, pop-ups and other catalog partnership opportunities
- Compile archival materials – photos, concert posters, ancillary audio, and more – for expanded reissues, digital catalog expansions, and the like.
- Work with marketing, social, creative and project teams on leveraging archival assets across social media, advertising, digital and creative marketing
- Exceptional teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Aptitude for working long-lead projects
- Experience working with creative projects
- Ability to manage and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Secretly Group catalog
- Background of 2+ years experience in either the music industry, retail marketing, or creative marketing preferred
Closing Date: Monday, December 7th
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send a resume directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position can be based in Bloomington, IN, Los Angeles, CA, or Brooklyn, NY.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.