Secretly Group is a leading independently owned recorded music company, headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, with offices in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, London, Paris and Berlin.
Secretly’s major divisions include Secretly Canadian (Anohni, Antony & The Johnsons, Jens Lekman, serpentwithfeet, The War on Drugs, Whitney), Dead Oceans (Phoebe Bridgers, Japanese Breakfast, Khruangbin, Mitski, Slowdive, Phosphorescent and The Tallest Man On Earth), Jagjaguwar (Angel Olsen, Bon Iver, Dinosaur Jr., Moses Sumney, Sharon Van Etten, Jamila Woods, and Unknown Mortal Orchestra) and Secretly Publishing (Beach Fossils, Mt. Joy, Tim Darcy, Japanese Breakfast).
The Global Director will set and execute global streaming strategy for all Secretly Group owned label releases worldwide. Directly manage a small in-house team, and foster productive streaming teamwork among label staff, Secretly Distribution, artist managers and DSPs. Manage release schedules and preside over all streaming analytics and provide timely actionable metrics and reporting to stakeholders at all levels.
- Secure the most favorable positioning for our artists and releases with DSPs.
- Partner with playlist, editorial, marketing and experiential teams at DSPs to develop coordinated on-platform and off-platform campaign elements.
- Develop global strategy and effective relationships with all DSPs.
- Understand and exploit the unique positioning and needs of each DSP.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, new entrants in the DSP space, and other social, merch and fan experience vehicles that impact streaming.
- Ideate with Secretly colleagues and with DSP counterparts on unique, high impact streaming strategies and campaigns for each priority release.
- Seize opportunities to reactivate catalog associated with new releases.
- Deliver exclusives and successful streaming campaign performance for new releases and catalog across the label group.
- Directly manage a Digital Sales and Marketing Director and a Digital Sales & Marketing Coordinator and delegate DSP relationships, reporting and administration as needed.
- Coach and develop staff.
- Assign DSP accounts and regional contacts.
- Strike a balance between need for global consistency and opportunities for regional customization.
- Coordinate with industry rights organizations such as Merlin.
- Be a thought leader on digital marketing, streaming, and issues affecting independent labels.
- Represent the company at industry events, and with trade associations.
Operations and Analytics
- Define key reporting metrics that align with business requirements.
- Ensure effective data capture from DSP APIs and other sources.
- Lead analysis and share reporting with colleagues cross functionally in product management, distribution, physical, A&R, marketing, publicity, radio and social media.
- Interpret trends and metrics into actionable summaries.
- Collaborate with colleagues to make data informed business and creative decisions.
- Partner with distribution to streamline process of delivering assets and metadata to streaming services.
Artist and Manager Relations
- In coordination with A&R and product management, take a proactive approach with artists, managers and other partners.
- Engage artists throughout the process, to ensure their voice and vision is properly represented in streaming strategy and execution.
- Provide regular reporting to artists and their managers, and be responsive to their inquiries and needs.
- Director or VP level achievement in digital sales or streaming in the music industry, gained at either a label, distributor or artist management firm.
- Strong relationships with major DSPs globally including Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon.
- Prior success leading global streaming campaigns.
- Respected manager and developer of staff in the music industry.
- Ability to analyze, report, interpret and act on large amounts of streaming data.
- Strong work ethic and highest integrity.
- Collaborative leader and colleague, and effective communicator.
To recommend a qualified candidate or to express personal interest please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Global Director Streaming” in the Subject Line.