Secretly Group seeks a French Label Manager. Ideally the candidate will be based in Paris, be a native speaker with reasonable English.
The Label Manager will be Secretly Group’s lead representative and ambassador for France, and report to the VP Operations UK & EU.
Your primary mission will be to establish the Group’s recorded business in the French market, working closely with the global team to execute effective release strategies. They must be a great communicator in person and as a writer. They must be able to talk to artists sensitively.
They must be a motivated self-starter who can add passion and insight into the French market for our acts to help them further connect with a French speaking audience. They should be willing to work flexibly to allow travel and attend live events.
They should have 4-5 years’ experience of working in the music industry and be enthusiastic and familiar with our roster.
- Represent, manage and promote Secretly Group’s roster in the territory
- Develop, execute and monitor territory-specific marketing and promotion campaigns in close collaboration with the global team
- Coordinate regional press and radio teams
- Supply local teams with the necessary tools and assets to successfully implement campaigns
- Responsible for managing local budgets and meeting regional sales targets
- Execute local administrative and logistic duties
- Conduct periodical stock management and control of frontline and catalog releases
- Manage day to day relationships with local DSP offices and contacts to promote the roster
- Strategise with Secretly Group’s digital team to maximise repertoire performance
- Collate and distribute regular territory reports with the wider organisation
- Build relationships with artists, their management teams, agents and promoters
- Optimise national touring & festival appearances in close collaboration with the artist team
- Expand Secretly Group’s regional network and maintain relationships with key local partners
- Source and identify new business & partnership opportunities in the region
- 4-5 years’ experience in music
- An excellent understanding of the French music market
- Deep knowledge of the physical retail cycle and medium
- Fluent in the digital landscape and analytics tools with an eye to recognise industry trends
- Native in French and fluent in English
- Work independently, conscientiously and with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess a pristine network and wide range of industry contacts
- Show passion and familiarity with the Secretly roster
- Excellent communication skills, hands-on-mentality and team spirit
- Ability to prioritise in a project deadline environment
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A self-starter, used to working independently
- An experienced music marketeer
- Highly committed, pro-active and a reliable professional
- Someone with supreme attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic
- A brilliant all-round communicator
- An individual with advanced organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise to tight deadlines
- Passionate about music and the music industry with drive and enthusiasm to chase new opportunities
- Closing date for applications: 4th January, 2021
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send a CV directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com