Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Senior Art Director
Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others.
Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, and Faye Webster, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Secretly Group seeks a talented Designer with a passion for music to join the Secretly Group Art Department. The candidate will have strong print and packaging skills, as well as experience designing for digital environments. Motion graphics, animation and video editing skills would be advantageous. The candidate should be able to communicate well to creatives and non creatives alike and have experience carrying creative through from concept to delivery
- Undertaking tasks as set out by the Art Directors and Creative Director
- Design assets for marketing and promotion of each release, including posters, displays, print and digital ads.
- Create label-wide marketing content both static and video/animation for social media
- Conceptualize and design album artwork.
- Create and maintain label branding across the label group.
- Support the Art Directors on large creative projects.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Have 2+ years experience in a design role ideally within a music or creative environment with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of print production and print processes and experience delivering finished files to printers.
- Be a creative thinker with a passion for music and the visual world that surrounds it
- Have an in depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Have an ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines, manage workload effectively and communicate well within a large organization
- Have experience working with clients or external creatives.
- Have a passion for music and the SG roster of artist partners
- Be aware of what the leaders in our fields are doing, and have a desire to strive for industry leading and award winning creative campaigns and album packaging.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/B4qZGCfpo8VtaVax8
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.