Title: Creative Licensing Coordinator
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Senior Creative Director, Global Sync
Secretly is a collective of leading independently-owned music companies comprised of three label groups, a music publishing company, a music distribution company, and affiliated support staff.
Its major divisions include Secretly Group (record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory Records and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing), All Flowers Group (record labels drink sum wtr and Ghostly International), and The Numero Group.
The Secretly affiliates each maintain a distinct artist roster but share a common ethos and staff who bring together an abundance of expertise, resources, insight and scalability while upholding the creative sanctity of these storied independent labels and their catalogues.
Secretly is seeking a Creative Licensing Coordinator to work out of our Los Angeles or New York office who will support the creative licensing team and pursue synchronization licenses in a variety of media. We are seeking someone who is eager to build relationships in the music supervision community who can represent our wide array of artist and songwriter partners and create new opportunities to continue to grow Secretly’s sync business. Someone with great interpersonal skills who is a self-starter and has the ability to work in a collaborative and fast paced environment is vital.
This individual will report to the Senior Creative Director of Global Sync and will work closely with a top-notch sync pitching and licensing clearance team.
- Present all of Secretly’s music (including but not limited to that of SG label artists, SP writers, affiliates and third-party catalog clients) in new and exciting ways for licensing opportunities
- Respond to creative briefs and proactively create new sync opportunities, including via regular electronic mailers to contacts
- Maintain relationships between music supervisors through email, phone, shows, and networking events
- Work directly with label & marketing staff to make sync a vital component in every album campaign
- Participate in occasional calls and/or meetings with artists and managers to discuss sync strategy
- Maintain knowledge of individual supervisors’ needs and taste and proactively meet their demands
- Support senior creative licensing staff with other projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- 1-2 years’ experience in sync licensing with a proven track record of success
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and aptitude for fostering relationships externally in the music supervision community
- Passion for Secretly’s diverse roster and the capability to have a high level of knowledge of the company’s creative assets
- Understanding of music publishing and sync licensing
- Knowledge of burgeoning new media and the ability to identify ways to leverage new platforms into music licensing opportunities
- Experience with DISCO is a plus
- Multicultural market knowledge is a plus
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
- New York Salary: $55,250
- Los Angeles Salary: $51k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.