Secretly Group is a group of affiliated, independently owned music companies, including Secretly Canadian, Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, The Numero Group and Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Chicago, Los Angeles and Austin.
Founded in 1996, Secretly Canadian counts Anohni, Jens Lekman, Whitney, The War On Drugs, the catalogue of Jason Molina and the recordings of comedian Tig Notaro amongst its roster. Jagjaguwar was also founded in 1996 and merged operations with Secretly Canadian in 1999. The label’s present roster includes Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Dinosaur Jr., Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
Meanwhile, Dead Oceans was founded in 2007 by the owners of Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian with Austin-based Phil Waldorf. It is the current home to Mitski, Kevin Morby, Phosphorescent, Slowdive and The Tallest Man On Earth. The Numero Group was established by Tom Lunt, Rob Sevier, and Ken Shipley in 2003. It became a part of Secretly in 2013 when company partners Ben Swanson, Chris Swanson and Darius Van Arman bought a stake in the reissue specialist and brought it into the Secretly family.
Secretly Group (Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian) is seeking a Creative Director to contribute to artist development, marketing and brand building for Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working closely with and well regarded among artists, managers, brands and tech companies.
We are looking for someone who is driven, self-motivated and can make a significant impact to our marketing and A&R efforts.
This position reports to Head of Global Marketing, and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington, Austin
- Work with A&R department to assist in artist development. This includes working with artists and artist management to find unique collaborations, remixers and producers
- Develop and maintain relationships with brand / tech partners, to facilitate unique events, assets or recordings
- Develop creative content with various partners to support album/artist campaigns
- Create and manage unique artist and label events, to support album campaigns and label branding
- Collaborate closely with senior marketing staff to develop exemplary campaigns for all Secretly Group releases
- Minimum of 5+ years music industry experience in creative marketing, artist management and/or A&R
- Experience working directly with signed musical artists and artist managers
- Track record of successful creative campaigns in music, including brand partnership, sync licensing, events, and special releases
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management and teamwork skills
- Extensive relationships and experience in the music industry with a strong understanding of the digital and independent music ecosystem is required
- Ability to travel, at times extensively and/or on short notice
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com